PDA

View Full Version : Greetings Gents

SeasonedWarrior
25th April 2007, 03:58 PM
Oh, and ladies too. I just wanted to say hello and see if there was room on these boards for a Yank???? There certainly is plenty of great information here. I started out many years ago as a college student majoring in Industrial Arts Education, I wanted to be a shop teacher at the Post-secondary Vocational Level. I was introduced to lathe work in High School and have enjoyed it ever since and that many decades ago. I now sell real estate to make a living and I own a farm and timberland in Northern California where I get a lot of my own wood to turn. Beside the Coast Redwood (Sequoia sempervirens) as well as a lot of non-commercial wood with interesting features. It is obvious that there is a lot of information here and a lot of excellent woodworkers I just hope that I can, in some smally way, contribute to this site, even if its only to add a little humor :) .

Regards,
Chuck

lubbing5cherubs
25th April 2007, 04:05 PM
Yep always room for another yank on board. Welcome can't wait to see pictures of your work
Toni

WillyInBris
25th April 2007, 04:54 PM
Welcome to the Boards Chuck. :2tsup:

Hardenfast
25th April 2007, 04:55 PM
Second greatest place in the world that you guys have over there - with maybe Canada 3rd - New Zealand 4th (well...). I'm more than a little envious of some of the local timbers that you have available too, although many of our own hardwoods are world class material.

Looking forward to see some of your stuff when you have time, and there seems to be quite a few Americans call in here from time to time. Have a look at the posts by our new friend Bill Wyko in this category. He only lives a few hundred miles from you (Arizona), I think, and his segmented works are HOT!

As an aside, I've been fascinated by your Sequoia Sempervirens since I first became involved in wood working. We had planned a trip to the Sequoia National Park during one of our trips over there - as well as Yosemite - but it was the wrong time of year and the roads were closed. I have quite a few books on the history and logging of the giant redwoods, including an old one called "The Redwoods of Coast and Sierra" (1936) by James Clifford Shirley who was an academic & apparently a former Yosemite Park ranger. Only a small book, but the covers appear to incorporate a thin veneer of redwood in their construction. Fascinating!

Humor away, Chuck!

ptc
25th April 2007, 05:46 PM
Another one !

BernieP
25th April 2007, 07:41 PM
G'Day Chuck

Welcome aboard, possibly the best forum around provided by the makers of the best products UBEAUT.

Cheers
Bernie

Skew ChiDAMN!!
25th April 2007, 07:57 PM
Welcome aboard the Board of the bored, Chuck! :wink:

So, now we have a Chuck to go along with our several Skews. I wonder when we're going to see some Banjos or Drivespurs? :D

Bruce101
25th April 2007, 08:15 PM
Hi Chuck, welcome aboard!

Geeeeee Whizzzzzzzzzzz, if we get any more from the other side of the Pacific, we'll have to start a special site, but it's good input.

K_S
25th April 2007, 08:45 PM
Gday Chuck

"I just wanted to say hello and see if there was room on these boards for a Yank????"

Yeah, reckon we can squeeze in a few more:D:D:D

Welcome aboard

chrisb691
25th April 2007, 08:56 PM
Welcome aboard Chuck.

joe greiner
26th April 2007, 12:04 AM
Welcome aboard, Chuck. You bet they've got room for Yanks. But I'd suggest you bookmark an online dictionary of Australian slang. And keep your metric converter handy; better yet, get a combination metric/Imperial tape measure, and read it directly.

Joe

OGYT
26th April 2007, 12:29 AM
Welcome, Chuck. :U
These Blokes love us Yanks... almost as much as we love the Blokes from DownUnder!! :wink: (duckin' an' runnin')