PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate virtual shed tour

Waldo
1st May 2007, 10:18 AM
G'day,

As I was tossing left, right and centre last night (the brain can be a nasty thing when it wants to think and you want to go to sleep I was thinking.

Right now I'm working out my r/table in Ketch-up and it lead to me think on another thing.

The Ultimate Virtual Shed Tour. :2tsup:

I wonder if people have the time and ability in Ketch-up to do a model a piece of machinery in their shed? Most of us have common machinery, and if one bloke/sheila did a drawing of one bit of machinery in their shed and posted it in here then over time we'd have a library of Ketch-up machinery that we could access and use to put our own Ultimate Virtual Shed Tour.

Now maybe this sort of thing might be too large to post in here, I don't know - but it ot me thinking to how great a thing it could be if it were possible.

So what do you reackon, is it possible to get this one rolling?

(having got lost in Skew's shed a few times I think we'd have a hard time climbing over his piles of timber and lathes scattered everywhere - but hey? :shrug: :D)

Brown Dog
1st May 2007, 11:14 AM
Gday Waldo

Its a good Idea, but have you had a look at what models google has available ? I would guess that most machines have already been done.

I had a quick look and when I typed wood working into the model search engine I got this tablesaw on the first page...there were heaps of other pages aswell.

just go to the File menu in sketchup to "3d wharehouse" then click get models.

I wish I knew about this when I was designing my shed...it would of been heaps of fun to move everything aound till I got it just right :D

cheers
BD:2tsup:

Waldo
1st May 2007, 11:40 AM
G'day Brown Dog,

I'll have a look into that, thanks. :2tsup:

Brown Dog
1st May 2007, 02:36 PM
This is a rough and ready sketchup of my shed using the components on the web. Most of my machines where there....of course they are a little different but you get the idea

I would attach the skp file but it is over 6Mb :o So I dont think that is possible.

cheers

Skew ChiDAMN!!
1st May 2007, 02:46 PM
Nice idea, BD, but sadly I doubt it'd work for my shed. Unless 3D warehouse has models of piles of shyte...? :rolleyes:

(having got lost in Skew's shed a few times I think we'd have a hard time climbing over his piles of timber and lathes scattered everywhere - but hey? :shrug: :D)

That's why I always take a packed lunch when I'm heading down the back... :p

Brown Dog
1st May 2007, 02:58 PM
No "piles of shyte"...Skew...I just checked :U but there is ten pages of models with "crap"

bitingmidge
1st May 2007, 03:37 PM
Yep, there's pretty much everything there and all to scale or modifiable to meet your own specifications.

I was going to model the shed of the bitingmidge one day, so have all the bits downloaded.... now I just need a year of wet weather, or a broken leg or something to give me the motivation!

cheers,

P
:D :D :D

Sprog
1st May 2007, 03:47 PM
I would attach the skp file but it is over 6Mb :o So I dont think that is possible.

If you really want to share, how about a torrent, the same as the vids are distributed.

Brown Dog
1st May 2007, 03:58 PM
G'day sprog

If people are intersted I would be willing....however I have no idea how to (not that, having no clue has stopped me trying things before:D )

Everything in those pics is available on Google anyway except for the actual shed...which only took a couple of minutes to draw

cheers

la Huerta
1st May 2007, 04:37 PM
cool !, i'm really impressed with all the sketchup stuff that's going being posted on the forum...

keep up the good work

Wild Dingo
2nd May 2007, 02:53 AM
Everything in those pics is available on Google anyway except for the actual shed...which only took a couple of minutes to draw

soddinmongrelshowoff!!! flaminwombatknowallsplutterfumespluttertechnogits :~

And before you ask yes Ive download that ketchup program and played with it AND am still more confused that I ever was!! flamin thing never does what I want it to do seems to have a bloody mind of its own... and anyways who wants to spend HOURS DAYS WEEKS trying to get a friggin sketch of the shed on it and then have the damned thing fly out the window for some reason only known to that flaminmongrel program? :~

splutter fume smoke out the ears temper tata :~