PDA

View Full Version : Very Busy Easter!

channa
1st May 2007, 10:06 PM
SWMBO took the little one to the ILs - I was told she wouldn't be back until all my jobs were done - pantry and cupboard for my Mum, window shelves in the bathroom, windows in the doors around the stereo (so we can use the remote and keep the doors locked), shoe rack for my bro, and a throne for the neighbours 40th birthday! Everything I touched went to guano at some stage - measured Mum's kitchen ONCE!! (you know the rules...out by 100mm in one measurement), routed part way through the aluminium hinge mechanism of the bathroom window (only a mil), broke one of the panes of glass for the stereo cupboard, rushed the shoe rack and had to make up for a poorly placed biscuit slot...actually the throne went really well - designed in a lunch time, 45% discount at the local timber yard (1st time I've been there but got chatting as you do...), no hiccups and my mate was lost for words (for a couple of seconds, then we couldn't shut him up, but it was his birthday)

The kitchen was fun, made up a rubbish draw with a storage area underneath. Bent some Rimu - I was going to steam it all, but then realised that I only wanted to bend 300mm so popped it on the frypan - worked a treat.

channa
1st May 2007, 10:10 PM
The gap around the frypan lid was filled with damp handy towels, and the steam kept the rimu from burning despite the fact that its on a gas stove.

I cut the rebate for the windows in the doors using my biscuit jointer - worked a treat - chisel for the corners.

The glass shelves are an opaque 6mm glass that matches the window.

channa
1st May 2007, 10:14 PM
Finally the shoe rack and shelves - need painting or something, but since I hate painting I thought I'd leave that to my brother.

SWMBO made the cushion for the throne - looks great. I put it next to our dining furniture for a laugh. It was designed to go at the end of his BBQ table outdoors, but he took it straight inside and set himself up at the head of the table - luckily for him, he's got a massive slab of something for a dining table, and it fits right in.

RufflyRustic
2nd May 2007, 09:55 AM
WOW! Busy is an understatement!!

I wouldn't mind another picture of the shoe rack in use if possible and a closer look at the shelves. Very useful!!!

:2tsup:

cheers
Wendy

dazzler
2nd May 2007, 12:59 PM
SWMBO took the little one to the ILs - I was told she wouldn't be back until all my jobs were done - .

AND YOU DID THE WORK :oo:

Good god man - what a gifthorse :p :wink:

channa
2nd May 2007, 06:48 PM
Thanks guys.

Ruffly, I'm keen to see the shoe rack in use as well, so next time I'm at my bro's place I'll take a photo...:)