PDA

View Full Version : Questions so many questions

Wild Dingo
2nd May 2007, 07:58 PM
Okay Ive had another play with this program...

So Ive created a very VERY basic floorplan... and thanks to Matrix have now shrunk it and made it into a jpeg and thus deleted the major skp file... now Ive just download that "all tools" plug in thats been touted on the sketchup brainstrust thread... so Ive unpackaged it and a nice file is sitting on the desk.. I thought they integrated into sketchup

Ahem so

1) How do you integrate these plug ins into the program?

Next question

2) how do you make... nah better read the damned tutorials first eh? :B

No actually is it worth downloading the lights one?

Okay off to muck about some more :2tsup:

Rightio... that was interesting... so Ive downloaded both the all tools plugin and the podium one... first I unpackaged the all tools onto the desk and yep I could go find them and import them... then I noticed on the podium download site that you unpackage them and install them into the plugins folder in sketchup itself... mmm I thought and away I went installing both into the plugin folder... and you know what?

so question 2 for the brains trust is... I cant get the podium thing to come up at all... and still have to go chasing the all tools one... is that how it is? does the podium automatically insert itself inside sketchup or what?

Cheers more to come!!

johnc
3rd May 2007, 09:21 AM
Dunno Ding, might be easier to run the lot through the table saw, then go out and get some paper, pencil and scale rule and lots of rubbers (erasers for the Yanks)

Cheers, John.

martrix
3rd May 2007, 08:49 PM
Okay Ive had another play with this program...

So Ive created a very VERY basic floorplan... and thanks to Matrix have now shrunk it and made it into a jpeg and thus deleted the major skp file... now Ive just download that "all tools" plug in thats been touted on the sketchup brainstrust thread... so Ive unpackaged it and a nice file is sitting on the desk.. I thought they integrated into sketchup

Ahem so

1) How do you integrate these plug ins into the program?

Next question

2) how do you make... nah better read the damned tutorials first eh? :B

No actually is it worth downloading the lights one?

Okay off to muck about some more :2tsup:

Rightio... that was interesting... so Ive downloaded both the all tools plugin and the podium one... first I unpackaged the all tools onto the desk and yep I could go find them and import them... then I noticed on the podium download site that you unpackage them and install them into the plugins folder in sketchup itself... mmm I thought and away I went installing both into the plugin folder... and you know what?

so question 2 for the brains trust is... I cant get the podium thing to come up at all... and still have to go chasing the all tools one... is that how it is? does the podium automatically insert itself inside sketchup or what?

Cheers more to come!!
Gday Dingo, I have only played with the Podium plugin, and as it says it needs to be installed in the plugin file in SU. I don't remember doing anything special when installing it. I just followed the install wizard, and it set it up in the right folder.

When its installed properly, you should be able to access it in SU like you would any other tool.
What does the All Tools plugin do?

Wild Dingo
4th May 2007, 02:24 PM
Damned if I know!! :U :U Well actually it has a swag of workshop tools you can access if I can ever figure out how that is :doh:

Actually Ive... well... Ive gone back to the old tried and true paper pen rule trick :2tsup: Ive got that down pat!! :roll: