PDA

View Full Version : medieval weapon plans

vandedol
30th July 2003, 03:54 PM
I am looking for plans to make medieval replica weapons like catapults etc, my ides was to work with a scale 20 to 1. Is there anybody who can help me?

oges
30th July 2003, 05:16 PM
you could try this link, has a few groups listed that may help
http://www.thebeckoning.com/medieval/medieval-links.html

jacko
30th July 2003, 09:48 PM
The December 1997 issue of American Woodworker has a positively villanous looking Catapult in it. If you can't get a a copy, I can scan the pages for you and email them to you if required.
It was written by Russell Miners in WA who is a member of the Grey Company, a historical reenactment group
www.iinet.au/~rmine/gctrebs.html
Hope this helps
jacko

fxst
31st July 2003, 12:49 AM
try
www.ripcord.ws/plans/plans.html
for trebuchet plans :D

journeyman Mick
31st July 2003, 01:23 PM
Careful now folks, Vandedol might be an Al-Qaeda member and here we are happily giving him plans for WMD (Weapons of Medieval Destruction)! Vandedol, I have forwarded these posts to the appropriate national security agencies and as you read this they are surrounding your house on horseback and bringing in the seige towers, trebuchets and battering rams. They were going to bring the boiling oil and burning pitch as well but Workplace Health and Safety and the Environmental Protection Agency put a stop to that!:D :D :D

Mick

Sir Stinkalot
31st July 2003, 01:39 PM
Code Red .... Code Red .... Calling Steve Liebmann.....

TV gardener Don Burke presented a Federal Government greenhouse awareness TV campaign free while morning show presenter Steve Liebmann charged $50,000 to tell Australians to be "alert but not alarmed".
The $50,000 fee to Liebmann involved four days shooting the two commercials and other radio commercials.
"The Commonwealth is directly paying what we regard as a very modest fee," said Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet official Jamie Fox. He said Liebmann was chosen for his perceived credibility. But later it was revealed gardening host Don Burke did not charge anything to appear in a greenhouse awareness campaign.
"Well, it was a little different because he was committed to that particular . . . (cause)," he said.
The two TV ads cost $8 million to create and the booklet and fridge magnet sent to every Australian household cost $5 million.

journeyman Mick
31st July 2003, 02:35 PM
Stinky, that fridge magnet is a bad idea, I mean I can just see it now. You get home on a Friday arvo after a hard week and down a few beers, and then a few more, then you decide you can't be bothered (read: are too inebriated) to cook dinner. So you get on the phone to order a few pizzas, staggering over to the fridge to read the Eagle Boys fridge magnet. 20 mins later your door is broken down by a team of heavily armed security agents looking for two small Italians and a large Hawaiian..........

Mick

Sir Stinkalot
31st July 2003, 02:45 PM
Ahh ... Never got to see the magnet myself ... I just wrote a polite note on the pack advising the government that there was better things that they could spend their money on and I didn't want a bloody terror pack.

Triple J breakfast show were running a campain to send unopened packs back to Steve Liebmann directly at channel 9. I am not sure how many he got but it was certainly worth a shot.

sean@oz
2nd August 2003, 11:26 PM
vandedol

Check out this link also.......

http://198.144.2.125/Siege/siege.htm

And whilst on the site

Get a free copy of the March 1979 Scientific American article "Ancient Catapults" by Werver Soedel and Vernard Foley

oges....

Thanks for the original pointer to ....
http://www.thebeckoning.com/medieval/medieval-links.html

Today the chook shed...tomorrow I lay siege to the local TAFE's tool room!....Your tools or your pay packet!