PDA

View Full Version : My workbench

kiwioutdoors
5th May 2007, 09:13 PM
I aquired an old school work bench underneath the particle board Is the origional top some kauri slabs long since abused ( sawed into chiseled vadalised) by student. Someday soon I will remove the particle board and put a proper laminated bench top made of maple or beech with veritas bench dogs and a record hold down. Over Anzac day and the following Saturday I made some modifications and incresed the storage by recycling some draws that came from the internal furniture we removed from my brothers rentals.

kiwioutdoors
5th May 2007, 09:24 PM
Some more images comments or ideas for improvement appreciated

rhancock
7th May 2007, 08:27 AM
Nice work! You've had some luck finding drawers to fit - I'm still looking for some for mine. I like the drawer handles too - I'll be using something similar, and a good way to use up scraps too.

Wayne Johnson
7th May 2007, 04:37 PM
I aquired an old school work bench underneath the particle board Is the origional top some kauri slabs long since abused ( sawed into chiseled vadalised) by student. Someday soon I will remove the particle board and put a proper laminated bench top made of maple or beech with veritas bench dogs and a record hold down. Over Anzac day and the following Saturday I made some modifications and incresed the storage by recycling some draws that came from the internal furniture we removed from my brothers rentals.

Nice one Kiwioutdoors, I remember those benches myself (Ex Seddon Memorial Technical College1962-1963) there must be one around somewhere that has my initials on it.
The Kauri top may be recoverable somehow!
I've just finished one with a Jarrah top, managed to find an 8" X 2" plank that was 1/4 cut and nice and straight (EX pergola beam) legs and below top are pine, nice and firm but might include some drawers under mine as well.

Kia Ora

Wayne