PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed - CAD Drawings

Wood Butcher
8th May 2007, 10:47 PM
Just wondering if anyone has some CAD drawings of structural steel frames. I have some that involve webbed framing but am after some that have the design of portal frame type building made out of I-section beam or UC section.

This is for demonstrating to school students the difference methods used in the design of the buildings and also how the drawings are labelled so that the frames can be fabricated.

Thanks

bitingmidge
8th May 2007, 10:54 PM
Rowan,

Why not give a local shed company a call? Surely they'd be happy for the free exposure?

Failing that, see my PM! :D

Cheers,

P

silentC
8th May 2007, 10:58 PM
If you get stuck, I've got some Ranbuild drawings I could dig out but they're hardcopies.

dai sensei
8th May 2007, 11:20 PM
..after some that have the design of portal frame type building made out of I-section beam or UC section

How long can you wait Rowan. I'm off to Melbourne and won't be back for a few weeks. I don't have any drawings of the buildings I have designed due to copyright, but I'm pretty sure I still have my old design assignment from uni 30 years ago :oo: in boxes back at my old office. Has design and drawings, including all the calculations. Ok, to old codes, but the principles are the same. I use it to guide my young guys still studying.

Wood Butcher
10th May 2007, 05:55 PM
Had a very appreciative offer thanks to Midges PM.

Thanks for the offers though, silent & dai sensei