PDA

View Full Version : SBW_4300, 4800, & 5300 bandsaws

sandman
1st August 2003, 12:26 AM
Seems there are many of the same bandsaws out on the market recently all appearing to be the same specs, different badges and similar in $!
The difference in these 3 models only seems to be in their throat size? Does anyone have experience with any of these models and do they have any flaws?
prices semm to go from $1300 - $ 2000
Sawthem from two suppliers at Adelaide WWWS and am ready to buy! Question is which one??????????:confused:

Zsteve
7th August 2003, 02:39 PM
Sandman,

I have looked at these model bandsaws but have not used or heard about any problems - almost bought one. They seem of a reasonable build for a Taiwanese made machine. Seemed to have rather small trunions - although trunions on my current machine are rather large so maybe i am biased.

For my liking i would go for the largest that you can afford and have space for, as you tend to be better off with larger table and throat, as there is always something that just that little bit too big.

Regards
Stephen

Mr. Minimax
7th August 2003, 05:27 PM
I bought the 5300 at the adelaide WWW show.
I've been incredibly impressed. I got mine from Leda. Graham Juttner there was very helpful - price included delivery and installation - which was very easy. No trouble setting it up. Minimal correction for drift and it cuts with the accuracy of a table saw.
I bought the big one- in my opinion always the best thing to do if you can afford it. But the 14" looked like terrific value.

Cheers