PDA

View Full Version : skype

jow104
11th May 2007, 07:43 PM
My sister some 4 weeks ago persuaded me to install skype for video live calls etc.

It is constantly coming up on my virus protector with problem questions and I thought I would uninstall it for the time being.

There is no unInstall available on the remove software panel at the control panel. (it refuses to uninstall)

did a google asking about skype uninstall and see there are many different listings.

Anyone know a good way using a PC with xp/2?

ozwinner
11th May 2007, 07:57 PM
Goto control panel>remove programs>remove Skype.

I did it ages ago on my puter.....:2tsup:

Al :)

Sprog
11th May 2007, 08:04 PM
If it is not in Add/Remove then probably the easiest way is to use System Restore to a point just before you installed Skype.

Make sure you backup anything you want to keep that is on your system after the Skype install date. :)

jow104
11th May 2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks Sprog, but I have put a lot into the PC since skype was installed so looking for one of the uninstallers that someone has used.

K_S
12th May 2007, 09:14 PM
Try www.download.com
www.cnet.com
www.twocows.com

they have trial copies of lots of stuff inc some reviews.
Download then scan for nasties then try

Thanks Sprog, but I have put a lot into the PC since skype was installed so looking for one of the uninstallers that someone has used.

MurrayD99
14th May 2007, 12:34 PM
We use Skype a fair amount for conference calls etc. I have heard some comment about it being not very secure - but none of us have had a-v problems related to it that I know of. maybe your a-v settings need a re-look.

Poppa
15th May 2007, 12:58 AM
We use skype a lot as well - never had a problem. Saves us heaps of money and even my dad uses it without problems.

jow104
15th May 2007, 02:02 AM
I notice that KS (above thread) has a skype icon with his avatar. I must go an investigate how he did that unless he wants to make it easy and tell us. :B

ratchet
15th May 2007, 04:20 PM
I am using skype to call land line and mobiles ,

however my sms do not get delivered

I have tried sending them to my own mobile , they go , but do not get delivered

any thoughts

Farnarkel
15th May 2007, 05:12 PM
I tried Skype a year or two ago

The thing I didnt like about it at the time was the voice delay.. Like you get when making an overseas call on landline.

I think it works out of Europe somewhere, is this still the case?

Other than that it seemed OK and sure was cheap.

K_S
15th May 2007, 05:19 PM
Gday Mate

Don't know how it got there - I will investigate :?

Keith

I notice that KS (above thread) has a skype icon with his avatar. I must go an investigate how he did that unless he wants to make it easy and tell us. :B

Gumby
15th May 2007, 05:35 PM
Gday Mate

Don't know how it got there - I will investigate :?

Keith

I'm guessing you enetered your Skype name in your profile under User CP/Edit Profile