PDA

View Full Version : A quick way to get a criminal record

Wongo
13th May 2007, 12:24 AM
Here is a quick and easy way to get a criminal record.

Take your kid to the playground.
Your kid gets bullied by a boy.
You stop the boy by grabbing his arm.
The mother sees you and asks you to let go of him.
You are so angry and you are not thinking straight so you do not let go immediately.
The mother calls the police and you are charged with assault.

That is what happened to a friend of my wife. The incident took place 6 months ago. This week she pleaded guilty and was convicted.

The husband wanted to appeal but she wanted to give up. Having given birth to their second child recently and spending $$$$ in legal battle. It is just too much for her carry on.

It is a lesson for all of us. Never ever touch someone’s kids. No matter what.

Life can be rough sometimes. :no:

RufflyRustic
13th May 2007, 09:44 AM
A big lesson. A very hard one to keep in mind when someone's attacking your child.

Hard too, not to spank a step-child that desperately needs some boundaries reinforced.:( Very, very hard.... I keep reminding myself of how I felt when I was spanked at that age and that I have no legal right to spank this child........:( as well as the legal problems and BS it would cause with the child's mother.... sigh...........

Yes Wongo, life can be very rough sometimes...

Wendy

ozwinner
13th May 2007, 09:45 AM
So she should have bashed the little scrot, she still would have been charged, it would make it all seem worth while though.

Al :U

ptc
13th May 2007, 10:14 AM
Oh for the old day's !

dazzler
13th May 2007, 10:23 AM
She had her chance to plead not guilty and put the facts before the court.

This costs nothing. Walk in, "Not guilty your worship", matter put over for hearing, hop in the box and tell your side of the story and the magistrate decides.

Your wifes friend took the easy way out.

Then again, the mother of the brat asked to let go and she didnt let go.

Mmmmmmmm, probably more to the story than she let on. :rolleyes:

jmk89
13th May 2007, 10:33 AM
Similar issue happened to my wife recently - 3 yo girl at playgroup, insisted on snatching whatever toy our son was playing with at the time. After the third time, our son pushed her awayand she falls on her bottom and runs off as if he had thumped her. SWMBO shouted at the girl not to take toys. The only thing that saved him and SWMBO from the girl's mother (who wanted to say that our son was bullying her daughter and SWMBO wasn't disciplining him and had assaulted the girl) was that the scene was witnessed by the local clergyman who pops in to look at the group (held in his church's hall). Just lucky, this time.

I am afraid this all depends on witnesses - the police are now too gutless to tell complainants that they should grow up.

dazzler
13th May 2007, 11:46 AM
I am afraid this all depends on witnesses - the police are now too gutless to tell complainants that they should grow up.

Sorry mate but thats garbage.

The police role, as it always has been, is to assess the matter on the facts and if a prima facie case exists they can then;

1) refer the matter to the dpp for court

or

2) if all parties agree they can mediate and find a common solution (ie an apology)

or

3) formally caution the offender (if they freely admit guilt).

If you take this example, the offender has restrained the child which is fine if her child was in immediate physical danger however once the other mother attended then that immediacy is gone and she must release the child, which she failed to do.

If I had turned up to this I would have gone for option 2, then 3 and as a last resort option 1. The option of telling the complainant to grow up, though simple on face value, would be a dereliction of duty and could result in dismissal.

Here is an example of how strictly regulated police are.
A while ago responded to a parking complaint at a private address. (How exciting :rolleyes: )

Mr complainant had broken up with his boyfriend who had parked his car in the driveway of the house rented by the complainant. Boyfriend left in a huff and had not returned for 2 days to move the car and complainant couldnt get his car out.

As the car was on his land i was powerless to have it removed or issue a parking notice and told him it wasnt a police matter and left.

Complaint was made of dereliction of duty as the complainant was of the belief that as the front of the property was "open to and in use" by the public and that there was tacit consent for anyone to walk past the car to the front door that it was in fact an offence and that I had been "derelict in my duty" by not prosecuting the offender to the full extent of the law.

This resulted in more than four hours of down time, some in my own time on days off, to attend interviews and write reports. In the end i won :q but what a pain in the butt.

Now transpose that to a complaint where a child has been assaulted (and on the facts presented that would be a given) and you tell the mother to "grow up", one could imagine how many hours of typing and interviews that would result in. :D

The community has created the environment that police now operate in, so far from being gutless they simply adhere to the rules or are punished. :((

And if this happened in NSW then the NSW Crimes Act allows for application for "no conviction to be recorded" under section 556A if the offender is a first offender and the matter is of a minor nature.

soundman
13th May 2007, 12:02 PM
Moving a long way from town and becomming a hermit is looking good.

You will probaly also find that the mother of the kid doing the bullying, probaly thaught that was all fine & beaut.......probaly drives a 4WD too.

I'll go away now before I satrt ranting:gaah:

cheers

Grunt
13th May 2007, 12:55 PM
Another vote for becoming a hermit.

rrich
13th May 2007, 04:27 PM
I don't know mates. Every time the police slapped me around I deserved it and more. Complain? No! It would have been worse. Tell my parents? I may be ugly but not stupid.

Shedhand
13th May 2007, 04:38 PM
Its all BS. let the kids fight their own battles like we did. Builds character. We're breeding generations of soft c**ks.
Have a read of this (http://www.news.com.au/mercury/story/0,22884,21721711-3462,00.html). My comments were published (mike gard) and is all i need to say really.

Sturdee
13th May 2007, 05:34 PM
The mother sees you and asks you to let go of him.
You are so angry and you are not thinking straight so you do not let go immediately.

Wongo, sorry to hear about your wife's friend, it must have been a very stressfull episode for everyone involved.

However, if your friend was so angry and not thinking straight and not let go when asked by the other kid's mother she may a problem with anger management, and may need help.

Of course if she had pleaded not guilty and defended herself I'm sure the case would have either been dismissed (a question as to degree of reasonable force to restrain the child versus assault) or at the most a simple good behaviour bond being imposed.

Pleading guilty guaranteed a conviction and the criminal record.

Peter.

jow104
13th May 2007, 07:00 PM
I recall when I was around five years of age telling my parents that I got punched by so and so. Fortunately I received some very good guidance, I was told to hit him back very hard the next time, never had any trouble in my life since.

soundman
13th May 2007, 09:22 PM
Yeh that's all very fine untill they're much bigger and better at thumping people than you are and / or they have 8 brothers.

At the school I whent to there were several families with a child in every grade.... one family had a child in every grade AND two sets of twins, so there was always a much bigger brother or sister to deal with.

combine this with the fact that these big families also stuck together.

the easiest thing to do was be somewhere else.

cheers

Skew ChiDAMN!!
13th May 2007, 09:31 PM
I recall when I was around five years of age telling my parents that I got punched by so and so. Fortunately I received some very good guidance, I was told to hit him back very hard the next time, never had any trouble in my life since.

I was told the same thing. However the next time, when I hit back, it rapidly escalated into my first encounter with "team sports..." with me as the football. :(

I think I went to the same school as Soundman. :rolleyes:

jow104
13th May 2007, 09:33 PM
Get in a good one, and then run was my tactic. Soon built up a reputation.

soundman
13th May 2007, 09:39 PM
Yeh mate. at my school... you soon would have found several much bigger brothers waiting for you arround some corner or next time you went to the toilet.

or the smater ones would have set you up, so you got seen by a teacher and copped 6 of the best.

yep yep yep.

cheers

dazzler
13th May 2007, 10:31 PM
Yeh mate. at my school... you soon would have found several much bigger brothers waiting for you arround some corner or next time you went to the toilet.

or the smater ones would have set you up, so you got seen by a teacher and copped 6 of the best.

yep yep yep.

cheers

Perhaps it was that stoooooooopid hat :D that caused it :wink: :p

jow104
13th May 2007, 10:57 PM
Yeah, but back to Wongo and his wifes friend that lost her vvvv...... or what ever it was.

Wood Borer
13th May 2007, 11:20 PM
It's such a pity people can't work things out between them. Calling the cops or suing as the first resort is weak and cowardly. People who behave in this manner have neither my respect or sympathy - they are a waste of space and a waste of the cops time and the courts time.

Of course if civilised discussion doesn't resolve the situation then calling the cops is sure better than exercising violence. However both running to the cops or resorting to violence are both bad examples for the kids if that is the only way you can resolve differences.

Wongo
13th May 2007, 11:43 PM
However, if your friend was so angry and not thinking straight and not let go when asked by the other kid's mother she may a problem with anger management, and may need help.

That is an anger management problem?

Your wifes friend took the easy way out.

Then again, the mother of the brat asked to let go and she didnt let go.

Mmmmmmmm, probably more to the story than she let on. :rolleyes:

You are a harsh man Mr dazzler.

Sorry guys, I don’t know the whole story in details. Still it is difficult for her. I think she must have pleaded not guilty 6 months ago then was convicted last week. Or something like that.

My wife said the mother of the boy was a very nasty woman.

Ashore
14th May 2007, 01:31 AM
This resulted in more than four hours of down time, some in my own time on days off, to attend interviews and write reports. In the end i won :q but what a pain in the butt..

Dazzler I tips my hat to you and all those in the force having to put up with that ????? day in and out

My wife said the mother of the boy was a very nasty woman.

Most of them are, they take it to anyone else ( police etc ) without dealing with the real problem THEIR OWN KIDS BEHAVIOUR

soundman
14th May 2007, 06:57 PM
Dazzler
Most of them are, they take it to anyone else ( police etc ) without dealing with the real problem THEIR OWN KIDS BEHAVIOUR

I'd take it further..... the real problem..... THEIR OWN BEHAVIOUR:rant:

Don't you know that it was all your friends fault for not bringing up her kid to be an agressive .........

cheers

Tonyz
14th May 2007, 07:58 PM
ya heard about the wally (read very bright smart) in NSW who just won a case against NSW education Dept because his school never stoped the bulling against him first years of school Just been awarded $ 6 figures plus wages for rest of his life. Now tell me whose the dummy. Hell so much money so much time wonder if he'd like to sponser my workshop rebuild>
Tonz

jow104
14th May 2007, 09:10 PM
Have you all thought how unfair the modern system is to bullies, after all they are only doing their thing.

Maybe they should start law suits against the system because their rights are being curtailed.

In days of old when men where bold etc.etc.etc.

Sturdee
14th May 2007, 11:54 PM
In days of old when men where bold etc.etc.etc.

Yes, like in the days of my youth in Amsterdam, where I learned that attack was the best form of defence against bullies.

And no such pommy ideas as the Marquis of Queensbury rules, cricket or rugby as that was for loosers. A swift kick in the guts followed with a headbut works wonders. :D

Ofcourse, I don't advocate fighting but these are the things I've taught my daughters in case they have to defend themselves.

Peter.

Poppa
15th May 2007, 12:38 AM
I've started my 5 yr old at kung fu. And I've started doing it with him (I figured that I used to be able to get by on youth, speed and strength. Now I'm old, slow and lazy. Might need some skills....)

I will start my remaining two children as soon as they are old enough. They should all be black belts by the time they turn 12. This will give them the discipline to avoid 99% of fights, and the ability to win the ones they can't avoid. My niece and nephew are both karate black belts, neither ever had a fight at school and I feel genuinely sorry for anyone foolish enough to attack them. And the nice thing is that if I can stay injury free I should get my own black belt in 4 years or so. Might not be able to do anything about being old, but the slow and lazy bits can be fixed. :wink:

I believe that as a society we've encouraged people to not take responsibility for their own actions (or their children's actions), and now we are starting to see the awful results. I teach my children every way I can that they are responsible for their own actions and their own lives - if only every parent did this! And if only our politicians and our courts did it too!

Shedhand
15th May 2007, 01:40 AM
does all this mean we can't call bully beef bully beef anymore:?:(

jow104
15th May 2007, 01:54 AM
Looks like the men are creeping out of the .......... at last .:)

But still be aware in case your opponent has older sisters, :B

dazzler
15th May 2007, 10:10 AM
does all this mean we can't call bully beef bully beef anymore:?:(

Only the new

"Anti-bully beef":2tsup:

bitingmidge
15th May 2007, 10:28 AM
I think I've won every fight I've ever been in by at least 200 yards.

P
:D :D :D

Shedhand
15th May 2007, 11:51 AM
Only the new

"Anti-bully beef":2tsup:Yep, you'd be a perfect A-G. :D

SPIRIT
15th May 2007, 12:20 PM
The laws sound ok violent behaviour should not happen in a thinking world teaching punch back to kids is only a small thing you have to teach kids about bulling
#1 they must learn how to talk thier way out most of all
as a dad your job is get your childs trust so they tell you things that are happening in thier life .Now funny the best way to do this is by talking so that works out well and with this skill most children will not have trouble with bullies or most important not be one .

She should not touch the kid in the first place you block the other kid out with your body then get then move over next to the other mum so see can see her kids a bit rough .WE smile we go best outcome is -------

teach your kid there is a sysem in place that works ,Bulling can be fix have see it in the schools that my kid goes too bulling must be reported to all the (somtime this is the hard bit )grown ups that are involved,,,sorry to say it dob in a bullie works well ,Have been involved in it best out come bullie is a much nicer boy ....ummm well nicer with my boy ,not many kids want to get kicked out of school everybodies a winner

talk
walk
say NO
defend your self

go on teach them that

Dazzler l say doulbe your pay:2tsup:

Christopha
15th May 2007, 03:42 PM
I think I've won every fight I've ever been in by at least 200 yards.

P
:D :D :D
Pedro,
You win your fights the same way as me and I have taught my boys to do the same. Mind you don't back 'em into a corner, they are also like their dad in that they fight like cornered rats.... no rules, no "niceties" and as soon as there is room, get the 200yards happening asap! :aro-r: :aro-r: :aro-r:

dazzler
15th May 2007, 04:36 PM
Dazzler l say doulbe your pay:2tsup:

Can you double my wifes. I just toook a redundancy payout and $0.00 x 2 is still $0.00 :D .

jow104
15th May 2007, 05:47 PM
Can you double my wifes. I just toook a redundancy payout and $0.00 x 2 is still $0.00 :D .

cor, is bigamy allowed in Oz.

Lignum
15th May 2007, 05:54 PM
A quick way to get a criminal record - Date a Collingwood supporter:wink:

toolbagsPLUS
3rd July 2009, 08:01 AM
Seems a great pity that common sense ain't so common any more.

How's about more personal responsibility and less control from those that would control us (or try to).

I'll join the hermit party, where do we all meet? do we elect a chairman/ chair person? Stuff it lets build a chair instead!

I'm pulling the door down and going back to the shed.

Cheers

Steve

dj_pnevans
3rd July 2009, 11:56 AM
Poppa; 511019)

I believe that as a society we've encouraged people to not take responsibility for their own actions (or their children's actions), and now we are starting to see the awful results. I teach my children every way I can that they are responsible for their own actions and their own lives - if only every parent did this! And if only our politicians and our courts did it too!

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CDavid%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Too true if the first punch is not thrown then there is no second punch. I teach my kids to be responsible and never throw the first punch but always throw the last. With my back ground I have shown them how to stop some one and how to hurt some one as a last resort.
David

corbs
3rd July 2009, 08:44 PM
My boys have two rules when it comes to bullying...

1. Never throw the first punch
2. Always throw the second... (aim for the tip of the nose and get the tear ducts going:2tsup:)

Bullies look for the soft targets, plenty of other kids that won't fight back. If my boys started a fight they will wear it from me... if they finished it then I will back them to the hilt and stop for milkshakes on the way home:D

Corbs

womble
3rd July 2009, 09:09 PM
one of the few things my father ever told me regarding fighting: if there's more than one, run!

Honorary Bloke
3rd July 2009, 10:02 PM
Considering the age of this thread, I reckon the old girl is out by now on good behaviour. :D:rolleyes:

corbs
3rd July 2009, 10:42 PM
Well picked up HB... didn't even notice myself:doh:

jimbur
4th July 2009, 10:46 AM
It explains why so many teachers have to take stress leave.
Jim