PDA

View Full Version : Toy Service Station

surferboy
13th May 2007, 03:07 AM
Its been raining a bit lately so work on the caravan rebuild has been held up. So I took the oppurtunity to build this for grandsons birthday prezzie.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b354/surferboyandcathy/garage1.jpg

I figure it's not bad for my 1st woodwork project ever (didn't use very much filler putty at all)
It's all glued and dowel jointed so there are NO nails in it at all
I was going to paint it all up, but the woodgrain looked nice so I left it pretty basic and varnished it instead

:cool: :cool: :cool:

masoth
13th May 2007, 07:52 AM
Well done that Man!!!!!!!!
I reckon the lad will be too excited to speak, but you can expect a request for some little thing he reckons is missing.

soth

jmk89
13th May 2007, 08:22 AM
Well done that Man!!!!!!!!
I reckon the lad will be too excited to speak, but you can expect a request for some little thing he reckons is missing.

soth

So true, soth.

My son loved the garage and then asked for a hoist for the workshop area!!! He'd just seen one at the local servo (All you need is a piece of dowel and a bit of ply to go on top and it's a hydraulic column lift - mine doesn't go up and down and he doesn't mind - he just lifts the cars onto it!)

But a great project, well done, surferboy

Cheers

Jeremy

Big Shed
13th May 2007, 09:25 AM
Looks great, the lad must be very happy.

But don't be miserable, get him one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CAR-HOIST-4000Kg_W0QQitemZ270116849363QQihZ017QQcategoryZ63697QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

munruben
13th May 2007, 10:56 AM
Thats excellent, what wouldn't I have done for something like that when I was a youngster.
Hey, if no-one was around I'm sure I would enjoy half an hour or so playing with it myself.
Nice work. Lucky Grandson.

John

Tonyz
13th May 2007, 04:34 PM
I Had one just like it when a kid. Man the way we bashed our Dinky & Corgi cars around not knowing what theyd be worth today.
My grandpa built mine, - dad had the real thing but pas's was the best.
I love your vintage caravan esp its size to the DDbus build it yourself as well. Haa I know prototype of the real thing?
Tony