PDA

View Full Version : Warning Signs

Pat
13th May 2007, 12:56 PM
Puissant to Clause 5.7 of the code of Practice, I have attached two examples of a warning sign that I wish to attach to the door of my shed.

Anyone else made similar signs?

bsrlee
13th May 2007, 09:05 PM
Seriously - you should check with your liability insurer's legal section before putting those signs up.

Unfortunately some people seem to take a 'Danger - No Entry' sign as an invitation to try to injure themselves & claim damages from you. The idea being that you knew there was a danger because you put the sign there - the phrase 'Attractive nuisance' comes to mind, but it is probably not exactly applicable.

A 'Do not enter while machinery is in operation' sign, without the admission of danger should be OK - after all you are the one who is going to put their hand/finger/etc into the machinery if someone distracts you.

Jedo_03
13th May 2007, 09:37 PM
A 'Do not enter while machinery is in operation' sign, without the admission of danger should be OK - after all you are the one who is going to put their hand/finger/etc into the machinery if someone distracts you.

I'd go with that one. . .
Jedo

Skew ChiDAMN!!
13th May 2007, 09:49 PM
"WARNING: Grumpy old bastard within. Enter at own risk."

rat52
28th May 2007, 01:20 PM
My wife gave me this.

She has on unusual sense of humour and is not one to be crossed

echnidna
28th May 2007, 04:59 PM
or something like,
"No Entry
Violators will be cheerfully
beaten to a pulp"

joe greiner
28th May 2007, 10:16 PM
No admittance
Trespassers will be violated

:D
Joe

Wild Dingo
29th May 2007, 02:12 AM
Biker mate out in the goldfields has this one outside his shed where he keeps his bikes (7 at last count... hey he has addiction issues :roll: )

"Warning
Enter at own risk
Female trespassers will be prostituted
Male trespassers will be neutered
the rest will die a slow lingerin deth"

And in small letters

"Aint life a F....N bitch?
My bikes my shed my dogs you f....n looser"

When he designed it he spent days working on it I actually liked the one he tossed as too long

"Warning
Enter if you want
Females will be prostituted... I have lots of mates
(a picture of his bikie mates with dongas hangin to the breeze)
Males will be denutted and turned over to the gay mardi gras
the rest? there aint no f....n rest!
Your either invited or your my dogs breakfast
(a picture of his 4 rottweilers and 2 pit bulls going nuts at the gate)

hey! he had anger issues AND addiction issues along with some other issues Id rather not talk about :no:

RufflyRustic
29th May 2007, 09:35 AM
hmmm, don't think I'll go that far Dingo...:rolleyes:

I think I'll take the easier path of putting in a screen door with noisemakers on it, bells or windchimes or an alarm or something....., reminiscent of the book the Blacksmith's daughter where she made a gate that was extremely heavy and nearly every piece on it rattled and 'sang'. No one got through that gate without someone knowing about it.

With a door like that at least people won't be able to walk up behind me quietly, tap me on the shoulder and watch me hit the roof or end up with a chisel in the wrong place or equipment flying across the room. I reckon I'd near deck anyone, mother and mother-in-law included if they ever did that:~

now to go and build it :D

Waldo
29th May 2007, 11:00 AM
where he keeps his bikes (7 at last count... hey he has addiction issues :roll: )

G'day,

Do addiction issues also include those who have bikes and lathes in their shed? :; :D

Admission price:

2 beers
1 for you and 1 for me.

Otherwise it's a dry argument.

Wild Dingo
30th May 2007, 12:57 AM
G'day,

Do addiction issues also include those who have bikes and lathes in their shed? :; :D

Admission price:

2 beers
1 for you and 1 for me.

Otherwise it's a dry argument.

He had a large metal workers lathe in there along with gawd only knows what other metal workers mechanics gear the damned thing was chockers when I was helping him get the second and larger shed up before he came to Perth for an auction where he bought... 2 more bikes another car and some sort of hoist thing that took his truck to get back up there :roll: bloody blokes madder than a cut snake about anything bike or mechanics...

I agree with the admission thing... great idea!... mind you I have a box of sanding discs near the door so that when someone comes in I can suggest they start sanding or leave me alone... Im practicing to be a woodenboat builder so grumpiness is a pre-requiste :2tsup: