PDA

View Full Version : A Few Turnings

Little Festo
13th May 2007, 01:45 PM
have been finding it a bit difficult to get into some "serious" turning the last month or two, here are a few efforts.

You'll notice on the first Bloodwood bowl that I spent a lot of time warping the rim :D.

Happy Turning - Peter

Simomatra
13th May 2007, 01:54 PM
Very nice Peter

Like the look of that bloodwood

ptc
13th May 2007, 05:28 PM
As always great effort as you say.
Can i ask how you do the rim ?
Have you done any thing with the beads yet ?

Skew ChiDAMN!!
13th May 2007, 05:41 PM
C'mon Peter, 'fess up. You spent a lot of time in Photoshop getting that warp "just so" to make the rest of us feel less inferior, dincha!? :wink: .

I'm curious as to how you managed the circular pattern in the banding... somehow I doubt you used an ornamental mill or off-centre turning, :D Maybe branded with a hot "pipe" and indexing?

WOODbTURNER
13th May 2007, 06:22 PM
have been finding it a bit difficult to get into some "serious" turning the last month or two, here are a few efforts.

You'll notice on the first Bloodwood bowl that I spent a lot of time warping the rim :D.

Happy Turning - Peter

Peter,
Great stuff as usual.
Once again thanks for showing me and Trevor your great workshop and abode.
The reason you have'nt done much turning is that you spend too much time looking at your fantastic views from the workshop. Great move.
Jeff

Little Festo
13th May 2007, 06:55 PM
Jeff, did you get that PDF file re the Vac valve?? The view is working well, can see the rain coming, breeze keeps me awake, Heike put that fence in so I cannot leap over the bank (mini cliff) when the Dragons loose.

Skew, used a "circular" brand tip with my pyrography tool, then "dabbed" in the rest with a normal tip.

PTC, just finished preping for a few market type stalls and will be concentrating on some gallery pieces for a few months - so hopefully will have something to show soon - have some ideas so I have a plan.

Peter

WOODbTURNER
13th May 2007, 08:49 PM
Peter,
Yeah, I got your Pdf on the Vacuum valve switch. Thanks.
By the way are you still with us? The way the Dragons are going your missus will have to build a 20' high block wall!!! Pity the fantastic views!
Jeff

TTIT
13th May 2007, 11:22 PM
Was wondering where you got to!?! Your usual high standard on these pieces of course - very nice stuff! :2tsup:

OGYT
14th May 2007, 09:09 AM
Fantastic! Need to get some more pot pourri lids. Those are really fun to make, and go really fast. You really did a bang-up job on these! :brava:

ptc
14th May 2007, 11:15 AM
Peter.
Looking forward to seeing the Gallery ones
thanks for info on burnig the rim.

robynmau
16th May 2007, 05:02 PM
Hi Peter

Great work, as per :)

Cheers

Robynmau

BernieP