PDA

View Full Version : Peugeot grinder mechanisms

jmk89
16th May 2007, 10:20 AM
My favourite salt and pepper grinders are ones with mechanisms made by Peugeot. I was thinking about getting into turning and making some S&P grinders but if I did that I would prefer to use Peugeot than some of the other mechanisms that I have seen at Carbatec and other suppliers.

Does anyone know how to get hold of these, either here or overseas?

TIA

Jeremy

PS I am contacting the Aussie distributor for Peugeot cars to see if they can give me a lead.

BernieP
16th May 2007, 07:48 PM
G'Day Jeremy

Try this link http://www.swissmar.com/usa/products/peugeot_mechanism.htm

this site also gives directions to contact peugeot themselves. Hope this helps.

Cheers
Bernie

DJ’s Timber
16th May 2007, 08:00 PM
This guy (http://www.peugeot-moulins.com/revendeurs-psp.php) according to their website imports their stuff

jmk89
17th May 2007, 04:38 AM
<TABLE class=rev cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>I will give these guys a try and let you know.

ASQUITH, NSW
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=rev_titre colSpan=2>Sheldon & Hammond Pty. Ltd.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=rev_lib>adresse</TD><TD class=rev_val>:Sheldon & Hammond Pty. Ltd.

2077 ASQUITH, NSW</TD></TR><TR><TD class=rev_lib>Tel.</TD><TD class=rev_val>: 0061 2 9482 6666</TD></TR><TR><TD class=rev_lib>fax</TD><TD class=rev_val>: 0061 2 9482 1996</TD></TR><TR><TD class=rev_lib>type</TD><TD class=rev_val>: Importateur</TD></TR><TR><TD class=rev_lib>email</TD><TD class=rev_val>: [email protected] ([email protected])</TD></TR><TR><TD class=rev_lib>site web</TD><TD class=rev_val>: </TD></TR><TR><TD class=rev_lib>contact</TD><TD class=rev_val>: Kevin KENNY</TD></TR><TR><TD class=rev_lib>commentaires</TD><TD class=rev_val>: </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

jmk89
17th May 2007, 10:03 AM
Here is the reply form Sheldon & Hammond:
Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately we import the mills complete and do not bring in the mechanism by itself<O:p</O:p

Also, the Peugot company would not allow the mechanism to be used on an item not approved by themselves.<O:p</O:p

DJ’s Timber
17th May 2007, 10:18 AM
Sounds like you might have to buy a complete pair and strip the parts out or alternatively buy the Crushgrind Mechanism which has been discussed in this thread (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=48393&page=2)

WillyInBris
17th May 2007, 05:13 PM
Sorry Jmk could have told you about those guys but didn't get a chance to reply to your thread until now.

I got the same reply some weeks ago from the same guy. but I am sure that I saw someone that turns these grinders on the net?

Anyway will keep looking, but I can tell you that the CrushGrind gear is good quality I was surprised and they offer a 25 year warranty the same as pernot, I haven't had the chance to make them yet that will be this weekend as I have had a shoulder problem and couldn't do any work :(.

rsser
17th May 2007, 07:09 PM
There's an old reference on the net to Lee Valley having stocked them, but no more.

thostorey
18th May 2007, 05:22 PM
I've found that the innards sold by Lee Valley are quite good and priced a lot better that the Peugeot line.

Tom