PDA

View Full Version : McJing quality service

BobL
17th May 2007, 01:46 PM
Last weekend I was removing a bit from my DP keyless chuck (that I had bought from the McJing stand at the Perth WWS last August). As well as the bit, a 3mm piece of one of the chuck jaws fell into my hand. The chuck still sort of worked but the bit was not supported evenly all the way around especially on small bits. I emailed McJing a photo of the damage and explanation on Sunday evening and following a brief email exchange, by this morning (Thursday) I had a whole replacement chuck in my hand plus an apology for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks McJing - that's what I call service!

FXST01
17th May 2007, 04:41 PM
good stuff :) gotta be happy with that

Sturdee
17th May 2007, 04:59 PM
It's good to hear about good service.

Peter.

Pat
17th May 2007, 10:12 PM
Typical of the level of service from McJing's. They are one of the few shops of any flavor to greet you as you enter their store and ask you if you need help and are unoffended when you reply that you are going to look around. 10 min late you can ask them about this and that and they go out of their way to help. I always end up spending money there and learn while doing that!:;

Personal opinion time: I have found that woodworking stores owned /operated by people interested in their business give far better customer service then ones staffed by "retail assistant's" with no real interest. So McJing, Lumber Bunker, Woodworks/Anagote, Brad's Burls etc are stores that I like for their level of customer service.

Apologies for the (semi) Hijack:)

BobL
17th May 2007, 11:57 PM
Apologies for the (semi) Hijack:)

No worries.

About a year ago I ordered something and they did not have it in stock so I asked them to contact me when they did, after 3 months they emailed me to apologise that they could no longer get it. Then about 6 months after that they contacted me to say they could now get it and did I want it. That sort of corporate memory says they are thinking long term about their customers (or at least another sale) which is better than many otehr stores.

Cheers

Dust Maker
21st May 2007, 08:00 PM
After reading about them on this board, A month ago I went out of my way to look at the stuff they have available (with no intentions of buying anything). I ended up spending $120. and today I went there again to buy a router bit. I am not going to buy any thing from any where else.

Very happy with them.

Dust maker

Tex B
22nd May 2007, 11:20 PM
McJing is one cool shop. One of my favorites, and definitely great service.

If any of you are ever in Sydney, make time for a visit.

Tex

Bodgy
23rd May 2007, 02:32 PM
Its like Santa's Cave.

An extra bonus is their metalwork section if you stuff around with that.

Service excellent, just like everyone says

DJ’s Timber
24th May 2007, 03:03 PM
I'll have to had my praise in about McJing's service here too. Ordered some bits from them online at 2.30pm yesterday and they arrived today at 12.30pm :2tsup:

Bodgia
25th May 2007, 10:07 PM
I'd never heard of these guys until I read this thread. Just had a look on their website and they look pretty good. Does anybody know what brand of router bits they sell? There is no brand name mentioned on the website and they seem very cheap - which concerns me. From what I've read on this thread McJing seem to be a great tool shop but I don't want poor quality router bits.

Dust Maker
26th May 2007, 10:24 AM
I'd never heard of these guys until I read this thread. Just had a look on their website and they look pretty good. Does anybody know what brand of router bits they sell? There is no brand name mentioned on the website and they seem very cheap - which concerns me. From what I've read on this thread McJing seem to be a great tool shop but I don't want poor quality router bits.

I don't know about brand but yesterday when I went there, the Lady there said to me the HSS tools (Metal working) are from Shenghai Tools company. I have bought a few router bits (1/2" X 2"long cutting, 1" Ball nose ETC) from them, and have to say that they are best value for money and quality is not bad. I spent another $120 yesterday on drills and taps.

Dust Maker

Big Shed
26th May 2007, 12:01 PM

I have two of their router bits, 1 is a big panel joining bit, about 50mm diameter. I have used this on a variety of hardwoods and it is still going strong. I have always found their stuff good quality and their service excellent. I originally got on to them through their stand at the WW show.

Recommended.:2tsup:

AlexS
26th May 2007, 07:59 PM
Does anybody know what brand of router bits they sell? There is no brand name mentioned on the website and they seem very cheap - which concerns me.

I bought a $105 set of 12 unbranded router cutters from them years ago, planning to replace them with better quality ones as they wore out. So far, they're all still usable, with only the 1/2" bearing guided straight cutter pensioned off in favour of a CMT. Good value I reckon.

Bodgia
27th May 2007, 09:53 PM
Thanks guys, you've convinced me, I think I'll try them out.