PDA

View Full Version : Silky Oak

Kiri
20th May 2007, 01:50 PM
Hi,
I have a Silky Oak (about 0.75m round) that has to be removed as it's too close to the house. The arborist wants to chip it but I think that's a bit of a waste so I was wondering if anyone out there would like to come and get it? QLD. Just looking for interest right now as it's still standing, but if it definatley has to go, it will be getting cut down in the next few weeks.

anyone keen?

Toymaker Len
20th May 2007, 06:56 PM
There would be some nice slabs and planks and blanks in that. Good on you for thinking ahead and offering. Just a pity most of us arn't there.

telken
21st May 2007, 03:34 PM
Hi Kiri,

Where abouts in QLD are you??

LuckyDuck
21st May 2007, 05:26 PM
Kiri:

I sent you a PM yesterday, but I'm pretty keen on getting this tree if it is not already spoken for.

I am pretty flexible about days for coming up. Would love to make contact with you and discuss further.

PM me or email me. Tah.

Kiri
23rd May 2007, 02:43 PM
Sorry guys, i only use the internet at work & had mon & tues off....:)
I'm at cedar pocket, just east of Gympie. Had the tree guy out yesterday and he wants $300 to fell it & strip the branches (without actually taking the log away....). We decided that we cant justify that price but if anyone wants the timber and can come and cut it down as well there's a carton (or 2! :wink: ) in it. Plenty of room for a truck.

cheers!
Kiri

telken
23rd May 2007, 05:02 PM
How tall is the tree I'm thinking I might be able to come up.....I can get a chain saw and cut the branches and so forth and cut the tree down fit it on a trailer..... dunno if you are able to get rid of the branches and dibree. If you can that would be cool and I'll take the tree.....

Kiri
24th May 2007, 02:25 PM
Its about 15-20m. About 2/3 of the way up it forks into 2 smaller branches. I measured the trunk and it's 0.5m wide at the base. I dont think it'd all fit on an average trailer, but i could be wrong.... Got some1 looking at it but if they dont want it and you do, you're welcome to it.

Just found out the plumbing has been leaking into the bedroom wall, so got that to worry about right now. :~
If the tree goes, it goes. If not thats fine too, so no pressure, but its there for whoever wants it.