PDA

View Full Version : Locking mechanism

barbz
24th May 2007, 01:51 PM
Got a rolladoor that missing the entire locking mechanism.

Any ideas if its possible to buy the mechanism itself if so where ?

Thanks in advance!
Paul

Tools
24th May 2007, 08:44 PM
A locksmith will get one for you.

Tools

bsrlee
25th May 2007, 02:48 AM
The Rolladoor lock is very feeble, any lad with a set of size 10 boots will qickly rip the door out of its tracks in seconds, or kick it in - both of which will defeat the locks.

I'll admit that I have just drilled a hole in the side channel and push a padlock hasp thru the hole & the plastic insert that the locking rod normally goes thru - I got a 'Master' brand padlock that the hasp comes right out of - makes it easier for me to put in place in my cramped access area.

If you are keen to keep people out, I'd suggest a solid plate hasp & staple bolted to the bottom edge of the door (re-inforced inside with a length of angle iron bolted on) & 'Chem-bolt'-ed to the concrete slab, with a short hasp padlock.

'Chem-bolt' is one brand of threaded rod bolt that comes with a cartridge of epoxy - drill the hole, drop in the cartridge of epoxy then ram the rod into the hole which ruptures the cartridge & mixes the epoxy - it never comes out & is the only type of concrete anchor rated to hold people.

TimberNut
25th May 2007, 02:00 PM
talk to your local locksmith. they will have various options available depending on what sort of door you have on the shed. at varying prices, and varying levels of 'keep the buggers out'....