PDA

View Full Version : where to buy triton?

Gags_17
25th May 2007, 10:44 PM
Hey everyone
I live in melbourne and im just askig if there is anywere recomended to buy triton gear from?preferably in the melbourneinsh area thanks

skot
25th May 2007, 11:18 PM
Gags,
Bunnings stock Triton gear but you can also try the Hills Clearance Centre

Hills Industries Clearance Centre
Address - No 5 Cambria Rd. Cnr Bridge and Cambria Rd, Keysborough, 3173

Telephone - 03 9238 2555

Hills used to own Titon but have now sold it to GMC but they may still have some stock that they are trying to get off their hands.

Gags_17
26th May 2007, 03:44 PM
thanks for the reply hopefully i can get down thee this week. Do they only sell triton stuff?

Gumby
26th May 2007, 05:12 PM
ebay is best if Hills are out of stock. They certainly won't have a Workcentre, only a few blades last time I was there.

Gags_17
26th May 2007, 06:46 PM
ebay is best if Hills are out of stock. They certainly won't have a Workcentre, only a few blades last time I was there.

Thanks for the reply gumby was the hills you went to the one in keybrough? i had a look on ebay and couldnt find what im after a powered saw table there is quite a few mk3s but i would rather not get one of the because there isnt as big ripping or mitre cut capability

Gumby
26th May 2007, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the reply gumby was the hills you went to the one in keybrough? i had a look on ebay and couldnt find what im after a powered saw table there is quite a few mk3s but i would rather not get one of the because there isnt as big ripping or mitre cut capability
yeah, Keysborough.

But take the advice you got in the other thread and forget the powered table. You WILL be sorry you got one, I guarantee it. A Mk3 would be better and a WC2000 would be better again.

Gags_17
26th May 2007, 09:34 PM
yeah, Keysborough.

But take the advice you got in the other thread and forget the powered table. You WILL be sorry you got one, I guarantee it. A Mk3 would be better and a WC2000 would be better again.

Whats so bad about the powered saw table? Is ebay really a good place to buy from?i thought there was alot of dodgey people on ebay

Just George
26th May 2007, 10:18 PM
Whats so bad about the powered saw table? Is ebay really a good place to buy from?i thought there was alot of dodgey people on ebay

eBay isn't bad, there are alot of good things on offer on eBay. Stay away from Mk3's, they are getting old and parts are becoming hard to come by. Try your local classifieds as well, here in Brisbane there is something Triton offered for sale every week - usually Mk3 but some 2000 Workcentres as well.

Gumby
26th May 2007, 11:41 PM
absolutely nothing wrong with ebay in my experience.

You buy a WC2000 at the right price, use it for a year or 2, decide to upgrade, sell it for what you paid for it. Simple.

Gags_17
27th May 2007, 11:49 AM
tHANKS FOR ALL THE GUYS! wHAT DO YOU THINK WOULD BE A REASONABLE PRICE FOR A WC 2000 ON eBAY?

Gumby
27th May 2007, 12:37 PM
tHANKS FOR ALL THE GUYS! wHAT DO YOU THINK WOULD BE A REASONABLE PRICE FOR A WC 2000 ON eBAY?

generally about 60% of new cost is a good guide, but have a look at what they are selling for in other states and when comes up near you, you'll have a good guide to value.

aljenit
27th May 2007, 02:33 PM

I recently bought the WC2000(pre 333500)series,with the older style saw chassis, and the triton saw included for $350.00 on Ebay.That was cheaper than I'd seen for awhile with just the WC2000 often getting between $300-$400.
I would suggest the following

Don't be in a hurry or you might pay too much on ebay and bargain WC2000 do come up especially if they are "BUY IT NOW" and you catch it before the auction starts.
Ask about the saw chassis if it doesn't say which one is included,so you can factor the cost of buying the upgrade into your total cost to set up the WC2000.You might want to factor the cost of the very handy height winder into your budget too.
Ask the seller specific questions about the condition of the WC2000 and parts,extras

Good luck and I hope you can save yourself some money to spend on wood:; .

Gags_17
27th May 2007, 07:11 PM
tHANKS FOR ALL THE REPLYS
tODAY I WAS LOOKING AROND AND FOUND A wORKCENTRE 2000 TRITON cIRCULAR sAW AND tHE rOUTER tABLE aTTACMENT FOR $4OO THE SELLER SAID IT WAS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION AND IT LOOKED LIKE IT WAS IN THE PHOTO.sO I SHOWED MY DAD AND WHEN I TOLD HIM THAT ALL THAT WOULD BE WORTH CLOSE TO $1000 HE COULDNT BELIEVE IT (DADS A MAKITA MAN THROUGH AND THROUGH)sO OFF WE WENT DOWN TO bUNNINGS AND mITRE 10 AND WE HAD A LOOK AROUND AND HE LOOKED PRETTY SUPRISED SO HOPEFULLY WORK CENTRE 200 COMING MY WAY LOL :D wOULD YOU BELIEVE bUNNINGS HAVE THE POWERED SAW TABLE FOR $195 AND THEN MITRE 10 HAD IT FOR $319 I COULDNT BELIVE IT

Gumby
27th May 2007, 08:42 PM
tHANKS FOR ALL THE REPLYS
tODAY I WAS LOOKING AROND AND FOUND A wORKCENTRE 2000 TRITON cIRCULAR sAW AND tHE rOUTER tABLE aTTACMENT FOR $4OO THE SELLER SAID IT WAS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION AND IT LOOKED LIKE IT WAS IN THE PHOTO.sO I SHOWED MY DAD AND WHEN I TOLD HIM THAT ALL THAT WOULD BE WORTH CLOSE TO $1000 HE COULDNT BELIEVE IT (DADS A MAKITA MAN THROUGH AND THROUGH)sO OFF WE WENT DOWN TO bUNNINGS AND mITRE 10 AND WE HAD A LOOK AROUND AND HE LOOKED PRETTY SUPRISED SO HOPEFULLY WORK CENTRE 200 COMING MY WAY LOL :D wOULD YOU BELIEVE bUNNINGS HAVE THE POWERED SAW TABLE FOR $195 AND THEN MITRE 10 HAD IT FOR $319 I COULDNT BELIVE IT

there's no need to shout, we aren't deaf, just old :D

Gags_17
27th May 2007, 08:46 PM
lol sorry gumby i just thought i would change it up a bit and do the capitals lower case and vice a versa

havenoideaatall
28th May 2007, 09:39 AM
I recently bought the WC2000(pre 333500)series,with the older style saw chassis, and the triton saw included for $350.00 on Ebay.That was cheaper than I'd seen for awhile with just the WC2000 often getting between $300-$400.
I would suggest the following

Don't be in a hurry or you might pay too much on ebay and bargain WC2000 do come up especially if they are "BUY IT NOW" and you catch it before the auction starts.
Ask about the saw chassis if it doesn't say which one is included,so you can factor the cost of buying the upgrade into your total cost to set up the WC2000.You might want to factor the cost of the very handy height winder into your budget too.
Ask the seller specific questions about the condition of the WC2000 and parts,extrasGood luck and I hope you can save yourself some money to spend on wood:; .

That's cheap. Mid 300 is what the Mk3 often go for. WC2000 seem to go for more but they might come with a lot of extras. (I'm not commenting on what the real value should be - but Triton seems to hold its value). I got my MK3 plus a Hitachi saw for 265. The table had its own homemade metal engineered movable stand.

There is a fair bit of competition on ebay, and the premium seems to reflect the ease of sourcing it- saves you running around after Trading post and missing out on a few listed items.

Best way would be to buy off a mate or a local who has not seen Ebay.

Gags_17
29th May 2007, 12:17 PM
Hey guys
Just writing to say that i rang up about the triton today it was sold last wednesday the day after it was put in the trading post (although it was still in the trading post sill really) so now im back on the hunt i found an mk3 with c9 hitatchi saw and a few other bits and pieces video etc.. for $400 aswell if nay one has got one that they are willing to sell im very interested and looking to buy before the end of the week,my budjet is $400 thankyou

aljenit
2nd June 2007, 08:03 PM
Hey guys
Just writing to say that i rang up about the triton today it was sold last wednesday the day after it was put in the trading post (although it was still in the trading post sill really) so now im back on the hunt i found an mk3 with c9 hitatchi saw and a few other bits and pieces video etc.. for $400 aswell if nay one has got one that they are willing to sell im very interested and looking to buy before the end of the week,my budjet is $400 thankyou
I think if you sit tight you could get the WC2000 off ebay for that money but probably not with a saw.
:D I've got a MK 3 with a stand and wheels, the top has some paint missing and has been rust treated and resprayed,NO SAW though, I have the newer saw blade protector that can be connected to a dust extractor hose, it has a blade cut to the front of the insert,but it still works fine. The saw chassis is the older style with sliding metal frame that is wingnut adjusted. The plastic rectangular STOP button cover is missing I was going to put it on EBAY this week,but if you want it for $200 PM to let me know. Any questions let me know.
PICTURE 2 shows the original chassis to the side.THIS IS NOT THE ONE FOR SALE.If you want to see the chassis PM me for a pic!!