PDA

View Full Version : Tasteful canvas of the Missus

havenoideaatall
29th May 2007, 12:11 PM
I thought I'd kick this one off with something that was guaranteed to generate interest.

About 4 years ago took this on my mobile: Exhibit A

I commisioned a girl at work to transfer it to canvas (for nothing more than the cost of materials) : Exhibit B (which, actually was work in progress)

It now sits in our hallway.

If truth be told, I think the original more faithfully captures her proportions - her back is shortened in the charcoal.

Haveno

Cliff Rogers
29th May 2007, 12:21 PM
The bit with the line around it has been left out. :think:

havenoideaatall
29th May 2007, 12:27 PM
The bit with the line around it has been left out. :think:

Indeed - the copy is large so I suspect it was put in the too hard bucket.
I think the finished article has more detail.

I'm not a bad drawer myself - so may well do an A4 sized drawing myself - figuring that the smaller size will be easier to manage - as it's literally a copy.

I'd probably even use tracing paper to get the initial outline(!)

HappyHammer
29th May 2007, 12:30 PM
Does your missus know you posted this picture of her on here?:no:

HH.

havenoideaatall
29th May 2007, 12:33 PM
Does your missus know you posted this picture of her on here?:no:

HH.

No, but she's not the sort to worry - particularly as her ID is not established and she likes them both and shows most people. If I had second thoughts, I could get the mods to remove the picture.

Cliff Rogers
29th May 2007, 12:44 PM
You can remove the picture yourself through your UserCP it you want to.
Just let me know if you decide to & I'll remove the edited copy.

havenoideaatall
29th May 2007, 12:53 PM
You can remove the picture yourself through your UserCP it you want to.
Just let me know if you decide to & I'll remove the edited copy.

Well, it was posted on the basis of its artistic merit - be assured that I would not have posted anything that would be of concern to anyone including my wife. The fact it is her nude back to me is neither here nor there. She has also sat for nude life classes.

I'd imagine people would get nervous about a photo belonging to them in general circulation. But people post their kids which I would never do.

But now the subject matter has been breached I might allow comment and then remove it at a later date....

Rossluck
29th May 2007, 04:25 PM
I'm with you, Haveno. The first one is better. It's almost a shame about the bath, because it detracts from it a bit. But the second one has been drawn by someone who doesn't run good lines in her art work, if you know what I mean. For instance, The model looks relaxed in the first and uncomfortable in the drawn version.

My suggestion is to try and edit the bath out of the first image and enlarge and frame it. There is something special about the form.

I do have doubts about posting it here, though. I certainly wouldn't. Or, if I did, I would refer to the model as "the model".

Hats off though, you have an artistic eye. :2tsup:

havenoideaatall
31st May 2007, 09:53 PM
I'm with you, Haveno. The first one is better. It's almost a shame about the bath, because it detracts from it a bit. But the second one has been drawn by someone who doesn't run good lines in her art work, if you know what I mean. For instance, The model looks relaxed in the first and uncomfortable in the drawn version.

My suggestion is to try and edit the bath out of the first image and enlarge and frame it. There is something special about the form.

I do have doubts about posting it here, though. I certainly wouldn't. Or, if I did, I would refer to the model as "the model".

Hats off though, you have an artistic eye. :2tsup:

Thankyou. I removed the original photo as since the subject was breached, and there was speculation, it seemed the right thing to do

Shame- I do prefer the photo and it does flatter the model far more(!)

ernknot
31st May 2007, 10:03 PM
Glad the canvas is tasty.