PDA

View Full Version : HappyHammers Crunchy Salmon Paste

HappyHammer
29th May 2007, 09:20 PM
Here's a late night snack recipe:

Ingredients
1 tin John West Red Salmon (has to be John West and has to be Red)
1 small onion
1 jar of Heinz Salad Cream (You can use the lite version if you prefer)
1 bag of chips (Flavour up to you I prefer Chicken or Salt & Vinegar for this recipe)
Cracked Black Pepper
Malt VinegarOpen tin of Salmon drain fluid and remove all the bones and other yukky bits. I keep these in tupperware for the MIL as for some reason she thinks these are the best bits.

Place firm chunks of salmon into a bowl (You will be eating directly from this bowl so choose wisely). Mash Salmon with side of fork and add a splash of malt vinegar and some cracked balck pepper to taste.

I'd suggest the steps so far be done in advance and salmon left in bowl covered with clingwrap in the fridge until ready to complete the recipe.

When ready to consume open the bag of chips and crush them into small pieces in the bag then add to the bowl. (Be careful to remove the clingwrap as you may end up on your hands and knees cleaning up tiny pieces of salt & vinegar chips)

Next finely chop the onion and add to bowl mixing with salmon and chips.

Finally add approx. 1/4 of the jar of salad cream, mix in and then add more in smaller amounts until you have a paste like consistency. Add more cracked pepper to taste, get a fork, sit down in front of TV and consume.

HH.