PDA

View Full Version : Table saw adjustment.

Robert WA
10th August 2003, 12:34 PM
My 12" Carbatec table saw had slipped out of adjustment over time and the blade was running slightly out of line with the mitre slots.
I have been through the exercise of adjusting it before (it was over 2 mm askew across the width of the blade when I got it) and was looking forward with some despair to a half day of fiddling.
A mate turned up who happens to be a marine engineer so I challenged him to have a go. One allen key, one hammer and a half hour later the blade was tracking as near to perfectly as my vernier guage can measure. Needless to say, I bought him a beer.
His formula .... free off the two bolts at one end and one of the bolts at the other end so they are just firm, free of the remaining bolt no more than 5 to 10 degrees of rotation, one sharp blow to assess the amount of force required, measured blows to effect the adjustment. Tighten it all up again and re-measure.
It took longer to take the saw down to the point where he could get at its guts than it did to effect the adjustment.

AlexS
10th August 2003, 11:22 PM
Don't force it, use a bigger hammer.