PDA

View Full Version : I'm going on a journey, man

journeyman Mick
1st June 2007, 12:05 AM
Heading off tommorow for a road trip, Townsville, Sunshine Coast, Kempsey, Toowoomba, Gold Coast, Roma then home. Probably a few more places inbetween as well. Will log onto the forum occasionally and post progress pics. I'll see some of you at Wendy's GTG and possibly elesewhere. Be back home some time in July.

Mick

Doughboy
1st June 2007, 12:14 AM
Happy travels Mick old mate. Keep it on the black stuff or on the gravelly bits at least.

Honorary Bloke
1st June 2007, 12:22 AM
Sounds like a good idea, mate. Be safe and don't forget us. All the best. :)

outback
1st June 2007, 08:32 AM
All the best, have fun, take care, wear clean undies, and be home before midnight. :2tsup:

Ashore
1st June 2007, 09:25 AM
Drive carefull Mick and enjoy the scenery, if you get to Newcastle give us a call , though I'll be in Tassie till the 15th , Home in time for the Wood Show on Saturday , I Hope :roll:

Rgds
Russell

RufflyRustic
1st June 2007, 09:34 AM
Have a great journey Mick. See you soon:)

cheers
Wendy

Wongo
1st June 2007, 09:57 AM
Have a great journey, man.:2tsup:

bitingmidge
1st June 2007, 10:01 AM
You've had the undies warning, now what about the clean handkerchief??

Have a great trip and a great reeeeelllaaaaaaaaaax.

P
:D

silentC
1st June 2007, 10:02 AM
Yeah have a great time Mick. Drop in if you're down Pambula way, mate. :wink:

HappyHammer
1st June 2007, 10:42 AM
Have a good trip Mick...if you come a little further south to Port Macquarie let us know and I'll have a cold one waiting for you, might be able to get Dazzler along for a beer in the shed as well....:2tsup:

HH.

echnidna
1st June 2007, 11:09 AM
Have a ball Mick

jmk89
1st June 2007, 11:16 AM
Have fun...drive safely (you and everyone near you!!)

Cheers

Jeremy

DJ’s Timber
1st June 2007, 11:30 AM
Have a ball Mick and watch out for the wildlife on the roads

Rocker
1st June 2007, 11:52 AM
Mick,

Hope you haven't left already; drop in here for a meal or a night on your way between the Sunshine Coast and Toowoomba.

Rocker

craigb
1st June 2007, 11:58 AM
Have a good trip Mick. :)

Wood Borer
1st June 2007, 12:11 PM
If you get down this far South Mick, you have a place to stay. Bring warm clothes though mate.

journeyman Mick
1st June 2007, 12:32 PM
Okay
I'm finally finished packing, rigging the tarp onto the side of the ute etc etc etc. Just about to jump in the ute now, no time for pics of the set up (such as it is). Don't know how far south I'll get, but I definitely won't be going as far as Sydney this time. I plan on doing some more trips in teh future, so may get down to visit the Victorians. I've got 20gig of music on the I-river and plenty of great scenery, so I should be pretty relaxed by the time I get halfway to Brownsville (Townsville). I'm wearing some clean undies, got a box of tissues and promise not to speed too much:D . Please behave and don't give the mods too much to do.:wink:

Mick the journeying man

echnidna
1st June 2007, 12:34 PM
WB,
Is it snowing up there yet and have creeks frozen over?

Wood Borer
1st June 2007, 12:53 PM
No snow yet Bob, we got 55mm on Tuesday and 10 mm last night. Our house tanks have been full for the last 2 months and the dams are filling up for the garden and orchard - not that we need to water them at this time of the year.

BobR
1st June 2007, 05:13 PM
Enjoy your trip. Given that you are going as far as the border you might as well keep heading south - nicer bunch of people down here :U

scooter
1st June 2007, 10:09 PM
Enjoy the road trip Mick, hope the scenery wears yer eyeballs out. :D

Drive safe mate................cheers.................Sean

glynhouse
1st June 2007, 10:30 PM
Have a good trip Mick, we are in Toowoomba at present, just pack everything warm that you have ! rather different from home.
Cheers DD

journeyman Mick
7th June 2007, 11:09 PM
After two days in Townsville staying with friends I drove south, planning to camp somewhere near Rockhampton. Got there on dark and it was drizzling. After cooking my dinner besides a lagoon I decided that I didn't want to be rolling my tarp and swag out in the rain so I kept driving. I arrived in downtown Mooloolaba at about 1am (after being passed by a B-double doing about 140km/h:oo: ) I lobbed up at the home of the Biting Midge in time for breakfast (and the unveiling of the Domino). Spent three relaxing days with the Midges during which time I realised that for someone coming to terms with a bereavement a solitary camping trip was probably not the best thing to be engaged in. Staying with other friends on the Sunshine coast and will be heading to Toowoomba on Saturday for the shed warming GTG.

Mick

bitingmidge
7th June 2007, 11:20 PM
Hey Mick,
It was a great couple of days (except for the bits where I had to go to work of course), and thanks for bringing the weather with you too!

See you Saturday.

P
:D

scooter
7th June 2007, 11:43 PM
Keep safe, Mick, & soak up the company.

See you in Victoria in due course ;) :2tsup:

Cheers.................Sean

Groggy
7th June 2007, 11:53 PM
Hope you enjoy the tripping Mick, good to see you out and about!

Like Scooter said, hope to see you in Vic...:wink:

journeyman Mick
2nd July 2007, 11:06 PM
Well, after a month away I arrived home on Saturday afternoon. I covered over 6000 kms and saw bits of this wonderful country I hadn't seen before. Caught up with friends and met new ones and of course I picked up some tools and toys. The physical part of this journey is over but the journey continues in other ways.

Mick

Cliff Rogers
2nd July 2007, 11:33 PM
Good trip?

Hope you aren't too journey-ed out 'cos we'd like to see you down this end of the tablelands one day. :2tsup:

scooter
2nd July 2007, 11:38 PM
Wondered where you were, Mick, glad to hear you're home safe.

Cheers....................Sean

journeyman Mick
3rd July 2007, 12:21 AM
Good trip?

Hope you aren't too journey-ed out 'cos we'd like to see you down this end of the tablelands one day. :2tsup:

You'll be happy to know that I used Midge's new Domino to cut the joints for your vanity doors.:2tsup:

Mick

Cliff Rogers
3rd July 2007, 12:26 AM
You'll be happy to know that I used Midge's new Domino to cut the joints for your vanity doors.:2tsup:

Mick

Good stuff, it wasn't what I was after, honest.

We have a vanity in the 2nd bathroom again now, it is nearly finished, just waiting for the plasterer & the shower screen.

Currently shower in one bathroom & go to the other to shave & apply make up. (The make up doesn't help, shaving doesn't either. :D )

boban
3rd July 2007, 12:43 AM
What's your favourite make-up Cliff.

Do have a heavy duty type for when you are going into the shed?

Oh, I forgot, welcome back Mick. To be honest, I didn't know you where gone until I saw Cliff's post. Anytime you come back home (Sydney that is), feel free to use my Domino too.

Cliff Rogers
3rd July 2007, 09:27 AM
What's your favourite make-up Cliff?....
Forum Cap. :D

Do have a heavy duty type for when you are going into the shed?....
Forum Cap & a long sleeve blue Bisley work shirt. :2tsup:

MajorPanic
3rd July 2007, 10:26 PM
Glad you got home safe & sound Mick! :2tsup:

speedy
3rd July 2007, 11:54 PM
Welcome back, I noticed the lights on Saturday night, I'll be around to check out the new toys.:D :D :D :D :D :2tsup: