PDA

View Full Version : Website

Andy Mac
1st June 2007, 10:16 AM
Hi guys,
I was just following some links from newbie Timberwerks post, and came across this excellent looking website. Beautiful Japanese tools and hardware!

http://www.misugidesigns.com/aboutUs.html

Cheers,

Timberwerks
3rd June 2007, 07:04 AM
I'm happy to see you noticed the link. Kayoko the owner is a great person to deal with, 99% of my tools are from Kayoko. Kayoko was able to get me a fantastic 120mm kanna, the blade and sub-blade are from Yamamoto-san and the dai is from Ko Inomoto. The GOMI is a real value and the Meimon is also fantastic.

Dale

Woodjoint
6th September 2007, 08:52 AM
Well I guess I will make my first post here since I already know Timberwerks and Stu, and Derek from other forums. Hi Everyone.

Charlie Mastro
Mastro Woodworking & Design
www.mastrowoodworking.com
Joseph, OR USA

NeilS
6th September 2007, 11:35 AM
Welcome to the forum Charlie.

Well I guess I will make my first post here since I already know Timberwerks and Stu, and Derek from other forums. Hi Everyone.

Charlie Mastro
Mastro Woodworking & Design
www.mastrowoodworking.com (http://www.mastrowoodworking.com)
Joseph, OR USA

Having just had a good look over your website there is no doubt you will be a most valued contributor to this forum. First rate website you have there…dovetail nirvana! I just love your ‘whale tail stool’ and that excellent video of your construction process.

It’s a pity you were not in your Joseph workshop back in Autumn 2000 when I took a trip through the Pacific North West. It would have been great to catch up with you there to tool and timber drool. Perhaps I will be back that way another time…I just love that part of the world.

Is that a bachi nomi (fishtail chisel) I could see you using in the video? They are not that common…who is the maker?

I would also love to get more info on that great set of kanna you have there.

Neil

Woodjoint
8th September 2007, 04:01 PM
Is that a bachi nomi (fishtail chisel) I could see you using in the video? They are not that common…who is the maker?

I would also love to get more info on that great set of kanna you have there.

Neil

Thanks for kind words, Neil.
I'm sure most of the tools I have came from Hida Tools. Two of the planes were chosen for me by the two Japanese Carpenters I studied and worked with. One I made using my own maple dia. It's one of my favorites.
The bachi nomi (fishtail chisel) was purchased from Hida and the hollow is polished and the hoop is hand made so I'm sure it is a very good brand but not really sure what it is. Sorry!:C