PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Display Problem

Wood Butcher
1st June 2007, 08:44 PM
Thought I'd try out this new section with a question for the IT literate here.

I have an Acer Laptop that until recently was working fine. I started it up one day and all of the sudden found out that the display was wrong. The colours are not even close to being right. I have tried plugging the laptop into my LCD monitor on the PC and it workes ok. I have attached to photos of the screen, not the best but gives a good idea of the problem.

Any suggestions. I really don't want to throw out the laptop as it still works otherwise yet can't afford much to have it professionally looked at.:(

ozwinner
1st June 2007, 08:55 PM
It looks like one of them psychedelic things from the 70's man.

Al :)

Big Shed
1st June 2007, 09:02 PM
I had something similar happen to my Clevo notebook and it turned out to be the flexible connector between the motherboard and the LCD screen. About $40 fixed it.

It can only be you LCD screen (in which case it wouldn't be economical to repair) or the flexible connector. As you said if you plug an exetrior monitor in, it is OK, so the VGA/SVGA output from the motherboard is OK.

The flexible connector is usually located behind the keyboard, you can remove the keyboard and have a look at it. My keyboard has 2 little tabs at the the that you depress and you pop the keyboard out.

Grunt
1st June 2007, 10:17 PM
If your external monitor works fine then computer processor and video are fine. The cable to the monitor sounds about right.

ubeaut
1st June 2007, 10:49 PM
If not the cable, maybe the LCD has been cooked in a hot car or direct sunlight