PDA

View Full Version : Wonder fence clamps

greenie512
3rd June 2007, 12:55 PM
I recently jagged a Wonder Fence at half price from Carbatec Brisbane in the sale. Now having spent the other day at one of Richard Vaughan’s router days I can just see Richard rolling his eyes at such a flash fence. To be honest the one I build a while ago is fine but I do have a weakness for the gold Incra stuff and hey – half price.

My main problem was I build my router table into a (fixed) bench against a wall of the shed and set the thing too far back which restricts the depth of panel I can work on. So after the above day I plan to build a separate table on castors to give me more flexibility. Currently I don’t intend to fix a LS incremental positioner as I do not make a lot of joints etc and do not need such accuracy (until I find one on sale – ha).

So what is this about, well the rear fence/frame that holds the clamps is 900 mm wide and I intend building my top 800mm wide. The supplied clamps look great but with the dust extract bend fitted will not allow me to move them in this distance? The world will not end on this as the right clamp would be fine and I can either improvise the left clamp or make one.

Just wondered if anyone has resolved this “cleanly”.

Cheers - Phil

Dan
3rd June 2007, 02:11 PM
I don't own one but just looking at the Incra site it looks like the clamps are meant to go on the back of the fence, so you could have any width table you wish.
http://incra.biz/Products/WonderFence.html

greenie512
3rd June 2007, 02:36 PM
Doh ... must have been the sale price this set my brain to putty.

Thanks to spotting the bleeding obvious Dan - :B , :B , :B

Cheers - Phil

gunz
27th March 2009, 09:27 AM
do you have a pic of your home made fence>??

thank you