PDA

View Full Version : TdF

Daddles
4th June 2007, 05:53 PM
The Tour de France starts in a few weeks. Any thoughts on who might win? Anyone got any idea how many are left after the latest drug 'shocks'?

Richard
yes, we all know the loser will be anyone who thinks the sport is clean, so let's keep the drug bashing out of this thread eh?

Doughboy
4th June 2007, 05:56 PM
Is Lance making a comeback???

If not I have no favourite but I would put money on an Aussie will be in the top 10.

Glenn_M
4th June 2007, 07:09 PM
I would tip Iban Basso or Alex Vinikurov as favourites.

Couple of outsiders....hmmm... Tyler Hamilton if he can stay upright or Carlos Sastre maybe

Counting down the days....

Daddles
4th June 2007, 10:09 PM
Cadel Evans would have to be in there with a chance. I don't know how he's come on in the last 12 months but he was starting to look the goods last year.

Robbie for the Green Jersey again :D

Richard

Glenn_M
4th June 2007, 11:17 PM
Cadel will be top 10 for sure. Doubt he will make it to the podium but would love to see that. Can't see how he can be a real contendoer without that backing of the Lotto team and with Robbie a fair chance again for the Green the team will be divided again.

Somewhat surprised to see Cadel stay with Lotto really.

Couple of Oscars in there with a chance too.....

Something like 10 Aussies riding this year. Rogers heading up T-Mobile might be a surprise as well.

Daddles
5th June 2007, 02:27 AM
I love the way Australia produces Super Domestiques, not your common or garden type slave, but the Extra Special Variety ... and we've been doing it for some time now. :D

Looking forward to the SBS coverage again. I can remember sitting up close to a snowed out tele listening to Phil Liggett's dulcet tones and trying to work out was going on. Then the excitement of the first live stage. Now we get quite a bit of it live. Roll on SBS :2tsup:

Who else discovered world cycling through SBS, Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin? Collectively, they have a lot to answer for :D

Richard

s_m
7th June 2007, 03:29 PM
I love the way Australia produces Super Domestiques, not your common or garden type slave, but the Extra Special Variety ... and we've been doing it for some time now

Yep. But I wouldn't call Robbie or Cadel domestiques by any stretch of the imagination. Mick Rogers yes when he was riding for Virenque 2y ago (or was it 3?) but now with the carnage at T-mobile he could have a chance as a lead rider. With 3x TT rainbow jerseys in the cupboard and when I last saw him skinnier than ever he could get up there too.

Oh I love/hate the live stages. Keep meaning not to watch but it's too tempting :D...

Steph

MurrayD99
7th June 2007, 03:42 PM
I can't remember Le Tour starting in England. It's going to be interesting. Lance is retired for sure. I don't think there is a final list of teams and riders yet. Not on the site anyway.

bitingmidge
7th June 2007, 04:05 PM
Do you have your tele fixed Daddles?

P
:wink:

Wongo
7th June 2007, 04:13 PM
Praise Buddha for yet another forum. :D

I don’t know why they would bother drug testing the athletic. Just let them take whatever they like, make it legal and see how fast they can go. At the end of the day, cycling is the winner.:2tsup: :D

MurrayD99
7th June 2007, 07:25 PM
Praise Buddha for yet another forum. :D

I don’t know why they would bother drug testing the athletic. Just let them take whatever they like, make it legal and see how fast they can go. At the end of the day, cycling is the winner.:2tsup: :D

Quite so. It's bollocks. Let the fastest man win. This is not worth powder & shot. So there!