PDA

View Full Version : Latest goblet

benji79
5th June 2007, 12:35 PM
Been busy this week, this is my latest goblet, made out of camphor laurel.
Finished with Shellawax.

Should fit a fair glass of wine in this one. Made a couple in the past that you have to keep filling up to quickly, so wanted to make it a bit bigger.

Slowly getting better at goblets. Still half enjoying it and half fearing turning these things, thrown a couple off the lathe in the past by digging in. Haven't done that in a couple of months, but still a bit rattled.

Benji.

Fox3
5th June 2007, 12:46 PM
Very nice!

Eventually I'll have a lathe big enough to do stuff like this :)! Until then I'll just have to swig out of the bottle :p!

Skew ChiDAMN!!
5th June 2007, 02:02 PM
Slowly getting better at goblets. Still half enjoying it and half fearing turning these things, thrown a couple off the lathe in the past by digging in. Haven't done that in a couple of months, but still a bit rattled.

But it feels so good when one survives to be parted off, doesn't it? :thyel:

Gil Jones
5th June 2007, 02:32 PM
Hi Benji,
You may be a tad rattled, but you turned a very fine goblet!! :2tsup:

Sebastiaan56
5th June 2007, 05:39 PM
Nice Goblet Benji!

One question, does the Shellawax survive the alchohol?

Sebastiaan

Simomatra
5th June 2007, 06:23 PM
Nice one Benj

Sorry the shellawax will not hold the nice red you have there and you will need tp seal the CL well to stop tainting the nice reds

Geat looking goblet enjoy your wine

Vikki
The jet is big enough to turn a goblet, just.

benji79
5th June 2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks guys, I made another goblet out of CL and gave it to my mate a birthday pressie and finished it with shellawax. It says on the website that it is alcohol proof. We have had scotch and red wine in his and it didn't stain at all :? . Oh well only one way to find out... Plenty more CL where that come from. Only problem is, I have to wait three weeks for it to harden fully.

Benji.

cedar n silky
5th June 2007, 08:15 PM
Nice goblet Benji. i like the wine too!:D Nice play on labels "broken wood"!:U Know that feeling! But it is a nice drop and 2002 :2tsup: as well!