PDA

View Full Version : Chip off the old block.

Caliban
6th June 2007, 10:14 PM
Hey everyone
I haven't been very active on the forums lately but this is worth telling you all about it, seeing as how you lot are my online family.
My first grandson arrived yesterday and in typical Hovo fashion there was drama.
He had to be revived at birth. took them 3 minutes to get a heartbeat and suck all the crap out of his lungs and to get him breathing. :oo: :oo: :oo: Hope there's no damage, he seems fine now.

Sturdee
6th June 2007, 10:50 PM
Congratulations, glad to hear your grandson is okay.

Now the babysitting starts again.:D

Peter.

Scribbly Gum
6th June 2007, 10:51 PM
Sterling effort Jimmy.
Glad to hear that all is well with your new grandson in spite of the dramatic start that he had.
This should keep SWMBO busy enough to let us get away unnoticed to the Sydney Wood Show.
Don't let him go climbing any ladders for a while.
Your mate
SG:U:U:U

silentC
6th June 2007, 10:53 PM
Congratulations Jim. Glad it all worked out mate. Just in time for the working with wood show :wink:

Wild Dingo
7th June 2007, 02:08 AM
WHAHOOOOOOOO!! Good on yer pops!! :2tsup:

Weve just said ooorroo to our second eldest her partner and little 5 month old Iszybelle after a weeks stay with us... and little Lukas spends 4 days a week with Ummah an Poppy while mum and dad work... its a true ridgeydidge flamin TREASURE!! :2tsup:

Congrats to the mummy and daddy and to you and the missus... along with everyone else this little takker will affect!! :2tsup: Have a ball :U

Oh and mate? let the other gramps be the serious one... be the one that gives him lots and lots of laughs and giggles... its why I told em Im to be called Poppy instead of grumps :U and today!!! TODAY!! I gots "Pop..ING" what a hoot! :U

Enjoy :2tsup:

RufflyRustic
7th June 2007, 09:32 AM
Congratulations Grandpa Caliban :wink: :) Glad to hear the non-fun excitement is over and the real excitement is a happening thing.

May you have many happy hours together

cheers
Wendy

Driver
7th June 2007, 06:50 PM
Congratulations, Grandpa Jim! Good to hear that the little bloke is doing well.

bitingmidge
7th June 2007, 06:57 PM
Crikey!

I don't know whether to get more excited about the little bloke, which is just about the best thing since sliced bread, albeit the poor little thing can only be the second best grandson in the world, 'cos mine's better!:p OR the fact that we've got Caliban AND Driver out of the woodwork and posting on the same thread!

Congratulations to all!

Cheers,

P

Caliban
7th June 2007, 07:29 PM
Go easy pete
I was just sulking and refusing to post until you send me that yo-yo that I won fair and square by travelling nine hours to be at your barbie. But this news was toooooo important.:D

silentC
7th June 2007, 07:39 PM
At least you've stopped grumbling about those muffins :p

Caliban
7th June 2007, 08:20 PM
I'd forgotten about that.:oo:
Do you want to tell these new forumites or should I?:rolleyes:
Where is Zed when you need him?
Actually, where is zed, full stop?
Gumby, what have you done to him? Has he done a doorstop style dummy spit?
So many questions. That'll learn me for being absent. I don't even know what all the fuss about drivel is about. Perhaps absence has its merits.:cool:

Gumby
7th June 2007, 08:22 PM
Gumby, what have you done to him? Has he done a doorstop style dummy spit?

he's around, watching, scratching his bum. The usual stuff. :D

scooter
7th June 2007, 09:41 PM
Congrats Jim :2tsup:

Wongo
7th June 2007, 10:45 PM
Congratulations Jim.:2tsup:
So will I see you this year?

Caliban
7th June 2007, 11:30 PM
Scott
Definitely.
Just trying to work out which weekend day will allow us to meet up with the most forumites. Last year I only saw two apart from exhibitor type forumites.
Neil, felder, gwhat, Jim Carroll.
But I digress.
Which day Sat or Sun???????

Caliban
7th June 2007, 11:32 PM
Gumby just sent me a greenie. Thanks Buddy:2tsup:
First one I received in a year and five days.:-
You lot are a tough audience, lucky I don't do this for a living.:D