PDA

View Full Version : Failed attempt

hardwoodjoint
12th June 2007, 05:18 PM
We attempted to erect a kit garage form Unibuild but have given up.
I'm pretty handy but the plans they give you are absolute c$$p.
So we had to go back and hand over a cheque for $880 to get them to build it for us.
Very disappointed at my attempt and the plans :((

munruben
12th June 2007, 07:37 PM
I think you are better off designing your own shed and drawing up the plans yourself and build it from scratch. At least you can read the plans.

Wild Dingo
13th June 2007, 02:59 AM
A quick purusal of the forums will find a wealth of similar comments regarding the sheds from such luminary companies as Shedco Randbuild Unibuild etc... the "plans" are crap they are generic for ALL their sheds and so not specific to any particular shed you essentially have to pick the bits out of the 80odd pages for your particular shed... and they sometimes even that doesnt relate to your particular shed

But remember! They told you it was "just like meccano" easy as right? yeah uhuh right...

We persisited and although it does have the odd hole in the roof and the roofline is a bit wonkey it went up and has so far stayed up... but we did find that we NEEDED to get 2 lengths of a more solid C channel to support the roof! which luckily for me we had access to with a quick 250 round trip... but without them the roof sagged almost a foot in the middle :o

I agree designing and building your own shed would be ideal... but!! for me at least the rub was that I would have to spend a fair whack of time and money chasing around to get the best price on the steel and corrigated iron to build it with which would also entail a trip to probably the other side of Perth for a pick up... but yeah it would be best probably more costly in a financial sence but you would have the plans cause you drew them... of course then the shire would have to accept them which is another matter for some

Anyways is it up now? SMILE MATE!! :;

YOU GOTTA SHED!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!! :2tsup: :2tsup:

hardwoodjoint
13th June 2007, 06:38 PM
Thanx for the replies.
I have turned to creating instead of just assembling.
The deck is coming on now, putting up the posts. At least I feel better now and SWMBO is talking to me again.:)