PDA

View Full Version : Good Intentions But No Experience

tcolgan
15th August 2003, 05:37 PM
If anyone could please give me some assistance it would be appreciated.

I am going about making my wife a jewellery box from Brazillian Mahogoney and want to carve the lid as per the attachment. I have no experience in carving, no tools and not an artistic bone in my body. Am I being over ambitious?

What do I do about learning how to carve and where should I go to get some good quality tools in Adelaide? I want to make this an extra special gift for our wedding aniversary, but I'd also like to take the art up as an interest.

Cheers
TIM

Sir Stinkalot
15th August 2003, 05:43 PM
Hey .... good luck with the project .... My grandfather made me a desk out of BM and it is very impressive .... check out the Mik site ... I just found it myself.

From Mik (http://www.mik.com.au/)
Wood Carving For Beginners

inc tax: $392.00
ex tax: $356.36

Tuition by Allan Foord. Allan is a professional wood carver of 40 years experience.

This is an eight week course of three hours per class, one class per week (9.00am to 12.00 noon or 1.00pm to 4.00pm). Students will learn the basics of wood carving in the field of reproduction furniture. The project will be a wall mirror. All materials are included.

For course dates or to book please phone 08 8363 4666, please do not try to book via the internet. Payment by credit card or cheque is required at the time of booking. Cancellations will receive a full refund if made before one week prior to the course date.