PDA

View Full Version : what type of lathe

theyoungster
13th June 2007, 08:26 PM
can somebody tell me what type of lathe this guy is using

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM7Krp9e9ZM

DJ’s Timber
13th June 2007, 08:46 PM
Oneway (http://www.oneway.on.ca/lathes/index.htm)

Skew ChiDAMN!!
13th June 2007, 08:50 PM
'Tis a Oneway... an AW2436, I think. They're American, but don't get your hopes up: they won't export to Australia. :(

Edit: SNAP!

theyoungster
13th June 2007, 09:06 PM
noooo nooooooooooo why the hell wnt they export to australia thay are mad lathes :C :C :C :C :C

the youngster

ss_11000
13th June 2007, 09:38 PM
they are good lathes aye. they dont export because there is not a big enough market in australia to make it worth while. its a shame because one day it would be nice to own one.

cheers

theyoungster
13th June 2007, 09:45 PM
too bad

that they wont export over here it doesnt matter how many other people buy them but i sure would

ill just go over thier and buy one and bring it back with me

Toolin Around
13th June 2007, 11:31 PM
they are good lathes aye. they dont export because there is not a big enough market in australia to make it worth while. its a shame because one day it would be nice to own one.

cheers

I feel a gloat coming on :D :p.

joe greiner
14th June 2007, 12:21 AM
One day it would be nice to be able to afford one. By then, maybe they'll be exporting to Oz. They export to USA distributors, but doesn't help me much.:(

Joe

Sebastiaan56
14th June 2007, 06:17 AM
Then there's the requirement for a rewire to meet our 240V standard, or are they sold in the UK? Might get you around the voltage problem, wont get you around the currency problem ($US - Sterling - $AUD.... ouch)

Caveman
14th June 2007, 05:17 PM
Oneway - UK / Europe etc.
http://oneway.ca/dealers/intl_dealers.htm
http://www.onewayeuropa.com/dealers/intl_dealers.htm
UK - http://www.thesheddirect.com/

ss_11000
14th June 2007, 05:19 PM
I feel a gloat coming on :D :p.

i was wondering if you would see this:cool: . gloat away mate:2tsup:

cheers:cool:

theyoungster
14th June 2007, 07:23 PM
gosh damn it they will export them to places like japn but they wont export down under

La truciolara
14th June 2007, 07:57 PM
'Tis a Oneway... an AW2436, I think. They're American, but don't get your hopes up: they won't export to Australia. :(

Edit: SNAP!

I'm sorry Skew, Oneway is not an american product. It is from CANADA :U
But I must say, the next best choice, in the upper range, is in Australia : VICMARC.
Personaly I turn on both and it is often difficult to say which is the best

Skew ChiDAMN!!
14th June 2007, 08:25 PM
I'm sorry Skew, Oneway is not an american product. It is from CANADA :U

America, Canada, Mexico. They're all the same to me. :innocent:

They have dealerships in Norway, Iceland, Israel and Japan, but Oz is "too small a market"??!? :oo:

Toolin Around
14th June 2007, 09:06 PM
Then there's the requirement for a rewire to meet our 240V standard, or are they sold in the UK? Might get you around the voltage problem, wont get you around the currency problem ($US - Sterling - $AUD.... ouch)

They use the Yaskawa Variable Frequency Drive that's plug and play anywhere in the world - only thing you need to change is the plug.

Doubt the oneway has been approved by the relevent aus authority but that's nothing I care about.

I suspect the government red tape and aussie patriotism (the good old buy aussie slogan, I know if I were buying a lathe now it would be a vicmark or stubby, probably the vicmark - I'm a sucker for a long bed everytime) is what is limiting the Oneway more than anything. I can't think of anywhere else in the world that produces two of the top five lathes. Oneway, Vicmark, Stubby, Serious lathe, VB36. At one time woodfast was on the list of world leaders - what ever happened to them.

Toolin Around
14th June 2007, 09:10 PM
America, Canada, Mexico. They're all the same to me

Canada - where the hell is that! Sounds like a cold place

joe greiner
15th June 2007, 12:02 AM
America, Canada, Mexico. They're all the same to me. :innocent:

They have dealerships in Norway, Iceland, Israel and Japan, but Oz is "too small a market"??!? :oo:

"America" = USA is a bit of a sore point with our fellow hemispherians. We need a better nickname.

Consider "too small a market" with respect to the local competition. Puts a different spin on things (no pun intended).

Joe

theyoungster
15th June 2007, 09:05 PM
They use the Yaskawa Variable Frequency Drive that's plug and play anywhere in the world - only thing you need to change is the plug.

Doubt the oneway has been approved by the relevent aus authority but that's nothing I care about.

I suspect the government red tape and aussie patriotism (the good old buy aussie slogan, I know if I were buying a lathe now it would be a vicmark or stubby, probably the vicmark - I'm a sucker for a long bed everytime) is what is limiting the Oneway more than anything. I can't think of anywhere else in the world that produces two of the top five lathes. Oneway, Vicmark, Stubby, Serious lathe, VB36. At one time woodfast was on the list of world leaders - what ever happened to them.

We've got woodfast machines at school and they are bloody good machines our school has had the same lathes since it first open 30 odd years ago

the youngster