PDA

View Full Version : What Breed of Dog do you Have?

Charles S.
14th June 2007, 08:09 PM
I thought that this would be a bit of an interesting subject to ask about, what breed of dog do you have?

I have a pure-breed Pomeranian and a Bison Frise cross Griffin, they are both really small dogs. They're cute! :U

Cliff Rogers
14th June 2007, 08:19 PM
Bush Turkeys..... about a dozen of them. :D

Grunt
14th June 2007, 08:37 PM
I don't own a dog as I am one. I am a boxer.

http://www.users.on.net/%7Egril/dslrusers/KanePortrait.jpg

Wayne Davy
14th June 2007, 09:51 PM
Our canine member of the family is Max who is a Labradoodle (dont tell him, the Wife made him think hes a human). He is very very smart (poodle) but a bit lazy (labbie) - hmmm sounds like me, no wonder I love him - lol.

Pat
14th June 2007, 09:56 PM
Two Heinz variety muts, at the moment in their baskets in the lounge room with the air con on as it is a bit bitter out in "their" shed tonight.

Heinz = Muts/Bitsa/Mongrel

glock40sw
14th June 2007, 10:45 PM
Male Pomeranian (G'day Zed)..

DJ’s Timber
14th June 2007, 10:57 PM
My 2 are Jed, black Kelpie on the left, Sally brindle Kelpie x Blue Heeler x Boxer?? and Jessi my friends Kelpie X

http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32456&d=1160906516

Grunt
14th June 2007, 11:12 PM
http://www.users.on.net/%7Egril/wwfuploads/BenchDogs.jpg

Anya, Kane & Bree (RIP :( )

johnc
14th June 2007, 11:13 PM
King Charles Cavalier, truely the blonde's of the dog world. Sleeps all day and most of the night, eats anything in sight, quite affectionate given half a chance and castrated. Is he like his owner? I daren't ask SWMBO in case I get offended by the answer.:rolleyes:

Krazee
14th June 2007, 11:46 PM
Bichon/poodle cross. Eats like a horse, wants to play ball all day. Rough when playing and a wimp when at the vet. Has the deepest bark I have heard for a small dog. Loves attention and loves any game, but just doesn't look quite right in the back of the ute!:D

Bluegum
15th June 2007, 08:48 AM
Border collie extremely faithful and loyal. Except for his goat tracks from chasing things up and down the front fence line.

silentC
15th June 2007, 09:33 AM
Jack Russell x Staffordshire Terrier x Labrador

His name is Jack (named by daughter). He once ate a diamond off a visitor's engagement ring, so I call him Diamond Jack the 800 dollar dog.

Merlin086
15th June 2007, 10:45 AM
English Mastiff, bloody big 80kg baby!
Had them for 25 yrs, excellent family dogs.

The biggest one is over 150kg!

ptc
15th June 2007, 10:54 AM
Siberian Husky
Rules the place

Toolin Around
15th June 2007, 10:56 AM
English Mastiff, bloody big 80kg baby!
Had them for 25 yrs, excellent family dogs.

The biggest one is over 150kg!

Holy crap! (s0 to speak)

The ???? must be as big as a bug eyed rat dog (chihuahua).

Grunt
15th June 2007, 12:23 PM
Where are the pictures?

munruben
15th June 2007, 01:19 PM
British Bulldog his names Corona

Geoff Dean
15th June 2007, 02:12 PM
Weimaraners

Luna on the left, Mardi on the right (with a belly full of pups)

Merlin086
15th June 2007, 04:22 PM
Here's my big baby..........

watson
15th June 2007, 05:13 PM
:weeping:None.....Sob!

TEEJAY
15th June 2007, 06:29 PM
My two little babies.

One fox terrier and one jack russel.

The foxie (scruffy dog - Becky) was my devoted shadow - had her put down recently as she succumbed to suncancer.

Jessie the jack russell in the forground is a lovely looking dog but very neurotic - painful really.

Sorry about the picture - best I could manage

Graham Sands
15th June 2007, 08:07 PM
Rafi, 6, Irish Setter. Kiri, 12, Irish Setter.

Brown Dog
15th June 2007, 09:11 PM
Scout...3 year old Lab. Bought for my Girlfreind but she has kinda become my dog. Now the boss wants one like Munruben's:roll:

cheers
BD:2tsup:

Phil Spencer
15th June 2007, 09:14 PM
Bella is an eight week Maltese Cavalier cross. I am training her to help in the workshop. :) :D

Phil

urban-wombat
15th June 2007, 09:27 PM
Sheltie

Iain
15th June 2007, 09:30 PM
Corgi, beautiful nasty little bastards thay can be, one family dog, Cardigan complete with tail, 20kg, Jack Russell, complete with the don't f*** with me attitude, not bad for a 1kg dog, miniature fox terrier, nice little beast until she drags home 4 foot tigers into the kitchen alive, little bastard, about 750g.

Vernonv
15th June 2007, 09:38 PM
Staffy, called Jet.

One of the most unintelligent dogs I have ever met (he's just a real boof head), but he is also one of the nicest natured dogs I have ever met.

DavidG
15th June 2007, 10:21 PM
Pebbles. Red heeler and ????

derekcohen
15th June 2007, 11:39 PM
Rufus, the 4 year old Golden Retriever with a heart of gold. And little Aura, a 5 month pup. cross Maltese and Shitzu, the terror of the neighbourhood.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Derek50/Other/dogs.jpg

Regards from Perth

Derek

TEEJAY
16th June 2007, 06:05 AM
Lignum,

I have seen the pics of a guy walking in a field with this record sized dog along side a lady with a horse - both animals came up to their shoulders.

The image looked like a newspaper or magazine article and genuine - SO you lucky guy should we now refer to you as "BIG FELLA" :p :D

namtrak
16th June 2007, 10:23 AM
Latest labourer is a red, last was a blue

Groggy
16th June 2007, 03:03 PM
150 kg = 330 lbs

sure you don't mean pounds?

Merlin086
16th June 2007, 03:21 PM
Average weight for a male mastiff is about 80kg or 180lb.

Ever seen the movie "Sandlot Kids" ?
He was 143kg
However that size is a freak.
I have bred mastiffs and used a stud dog from Sth Australia who weighed 110kg or about 250lb

http://www.animalshelter.org/pet-tips/8/The_Old_English_Mastiff_is_the_largest_breed_of_dog_in_the_world.html

Al B
16th June 2007, 05:52 PM
This is Jack (My Kids named him) :U he is 2yrs old, and is part human part Jack Russell.

SPIRIT
16th June 2007, 09:26 PM
Malese/shitzu 1yo and a border collie 14yo

Burnsy
16th June 2007, 10:12 PM
Ned (standing) the 15 year old deaf and arthritic WA red clould kelpie who was told he had about a month to live 2 years ago from the growth on his snout that exploratory surgery showed was eating into his head - he refuses to stop long enough to die. Rusty the lazy Tasmanian red cloud kelpie with the big ???? (bred for cattle - looks like a blue healer in disguise) and Bud the 38 kg pound dog who was saved from death row ( my wife works at a local council and they send emails with pictures around to try and get employees to take the dogs - he was down to his last hours). Beautiful tempered dog and very affectionate but after owning kelpies he is as dumb as a post and has an accelerator that is far bigger than his brakes. We would not swap any of them for anything.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v232/EKBurnsy/IM000098.jpg

graemet
16th June 2007, 10:37 PM
This was our pride and joy until last week.
Collie (Collette) was a toy poodle, the smartest dog I've ever come across. She never shed hair, ate a couple of cans of dogfood a week, was terrific company for both SWMBO and me. At 15, she finally succumbed to old age, the saddest day that I can remember. There's nothing that can compare to the death of a great mate to make a grown man blubber like a baby.

BrettC
17th June 2007, 10:30 PM
Ours is the smaller one on the right (toy) with his 'cousin' a standard poodle. You can see his dog kennel (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=30502&highlight=dog+kennel)I built last year here.

lubbing5cherubs
24th June 2007, 06:52 PM
This is my babies. She is a grot, baths are a waste of time.
The one with the three dogs are all our dogs. Bo is the chihuhua, Missy is the one with all the brown on her back she went to puppy heaven. She was a rat. Went to bite the kids face and everything if they got down on the floor. She was just savage but dangerously savage. Provoked with hissy fits for no reason. We think she may of had a brain tumour.

the big dog she is ours too we are not sure how we are going to move with her she is afraid of cars. and she is not the tiniest of dogs. Patch is not sure what she claimed us and now we won't let her go. She is part of the family and we love her. She is the big brown dog. The black one she is ours but she is now company dog. She spends more time at the inlaws she has not like staying here since we lost all our other dogs in a house fire. She not like staying ever since. So she is getting left in Winton when we move with the inlaws as it is we are over the dog quota but we can't bring ourselves to cull any out
bye Toni
Toni

Doughboy
24th June 2007, 07:06 PM
My mate Bailey. Beagle now two years old and the biggest softie you ever met.

woodcutta
24th June 2007, 07:35 PM
Staffy Cross and Staffy

As Vernonv says.

ozwinner
24th June 2007, 07:44 PM
Im an expectant father.....:U

Im expecting to get this little bundle of fluff from Neil in about 4 weeks or so.

He is a Jack Russell/Staffy cross we think.

I cant wait..:cool:

Al :)

Big Shed
24th June 2007, 07:47 PM
So, what's his name then Al?

Will you be handing out cigars at Noel's get together?:D

DJ’s Timber
24th June 2007, 07:48 PM
Im an expectant father.....:U

Im expecting to get this little bundle of fluff from Neil in about 4 weeks or so.

He is a Jack Russell/Staffy cross we think.

I cant wait..:cool:

Al :)

So has herindoors picked a name yet :q

ozwinner
24th June 2007, 07:56 PM
Erindoors names, fluffy, sweetie, puppy.

Mine, more manly of course is Arfa, as in arfa Jack Russell.

Itll get all them names for sure. :doh:

I think so far the official name is Arfa...but this could change as I dont have the veto vote. :(

Al :U

ozwinner
24th June 2007, 07:57 PM
So, what's his name then Al?

Will you be handing out cigars at Noel's get together?:D

At Noels, it single malts all round. :2tsup:

My shout. :cool:

Al :U

Grunt
24th June 2007, 08:11 PM
Ah, so cute.

Grunt
24th June 2007, 08:46 PM
Well here's my new dog.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2007/06/23/ugliest9_narrowweb__300x409,0.jpg

graemet
24th June 2007, 11:54 PM
Well here's my new dog.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2007/06/23/ugliest9_narrowweb__300x409,0.jpg
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Figures!

Corunetes
26th September 2007, 01:36 PM
I'll admit that my dogs aren't as ....striking....photogenic or even as colourful as the previous pet but they'll do me!

I have 2 jack russells who both have a delightful personality that is on afterburner for most of the day but when they nap they REALLY nap and don't they love to be comfortable...................................

mako
26th September 2007, 01:41 PM
3 year old dalmation.

Corunetes
26th September 2007, 04:49 PM
Thought that you might like to have a look at a picture of my dog when he was a young and troubled son of a bitch!:D

wheelinround
26th September 2007, 06:38 PM
Max 3 yr old Foxie a pampered pooch
outside druing the day except sunday on my lap

weisyboy
1st October 2007, 01:12 PM
my little assistant cant get enough of my wood.

i braught home a pack of 100 dowes the other day and emnptied them on the floor where i was working. went to bed and whaen i woke up there were no dowles left laer i found them in a pile out in the yard. each full of tooth holes.

http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=54758&d=1188806806

ciscokid
13th October 2007, 10:46 PM
I have a Jack Russell Terrier and a Maremma. They make a great team for guarding my farm. Guess which one is the boss? :U

ss_11000
13th October 2007, 11:26 PM
Nigel, the mini foxie when he was younger

aljenit
21st October 2007, 12:53 PM
Here is my shetland sheepdog (also known as "Shedland-sheepdog"). All 4kgs of her.
She is great in the shed and doubles as a broom.:q at the end of the day.

mark
9th January 2008, 11:10 PM
just got her today..

blue pure bred staffy.. she has blue/brown eyes... 10 weeks old..

she's still trying to find her feet! Many a laugh...

TimberNut
18th January 2008, 04:30 PM
A beer and a beer-chaser.
sorry - a boofhead, and a boofhead-chaser
sorry, I'll try again..........

A Labrador and a labrador chaser! (kelpie)

The lab is my constant shadow (never more than 2 meters from me when I'm home), and the Kelpie is forever trying to get the Lab to run around so he can round him up (he thinks the lab is a sheep).

Nicknames - boofhead and lunatic (respectively).

and I love 'em to bits.

Woodlee
18th January 2008, 07:05 PM
I thought that this would be a bit of an interesting subject to ask about, what breed of dog do you have?

I have a pure-breed Pomeranian and a Bison Frise cross Griffin, they are both really small dogs. They're cute! :U

Siberian Husky , 3yr old name is Hutch ,should be Houdini ,he's an escape artist.

corbs
18th January 2008, 08:01 PM
I also have a Siberian Husky (Mischa) who is an escape artist. Fantastic natured dogs. She is 11 y/o now but was about 8 in the photo below.

Sybarite
22nd February 2008, 02:55 PM
We have a new team member here at Struming Industries, Loki the German Mastiff aka Deutsche Dogge aka Great Dane.

She has come onboard with an excellent pedigree and has great potential to further our networking and marketing goals.

As a newcomer to the industry she was well placed at 9 weeks old and 10.5kg and we believe that she will easily grow into her new role.

She is sure to be a hit with our clients and suppliers alike, and failing anything else once she has been with us a while she can always make a meal of any troublesome sales reps or difficult clients.

Toyboy
22nd February 2008, 04:08 PM
Here is our little girl "Tarja". We considered racing her, but her legs were too short, so we decided to keep her as trained killer.:roflmao:

We adopted her after our neighbours found her out on the highway, obviously abandoned and she now runs the house, probably as it should be.
She was only a few weeks old when she came to live with us and had her first birthday last September.
Her heritage is dubious, but one of her rellies was obviously a Jack Russell of some sort, not that we really care anyway. She has a toy collection that would be the envy of any child, no make that, any group of children.

clubbyr8
28th February 2008, 05:21 AM
We have a female Golden Retriever. She's 13 years old now and sorta feeling her age. Lost her male companion 3 years ago. One of the saddest days of my life.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc267/clubbyr8v8/IMG_0589_1_1.jpg

SilentButDeadly
28th February 2008, 01:02 PM
Gidgee, the Kelpie cross
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r30/LittleCowra/Lookintomyeyes.jpg

and Stoli, the Maremma
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r30/LittleCowra/Dog-nesting.jpg