PDA

View Full Version : Good Guys Report

hux
14th June 2007, 09:36 PM
Hi All

Acting on a tip from Grahame I went to Whitelaw Machine Tool supplies at Secam St, Mansfield( Brisbane).

Let me say WOW. Friendly, helpful, knowledgeable. I spent all of $10 on a2 flute 6mm slotmill but it meant nothing. The sales manager Daryl was only too happy to show me different bits and say that if I just want a price to give them a call. He also happily copied the parts manual for my Align power feed and explained that they are quite serviceable and that they stock a good selection of parts but can get anything else in about 2 weeks.

They sell the usual quality stuff like Dormer and Sutton etc but also a good range of asian cutters for the home machinist in both straight shank and threaded. Their prices seemed pretty much on par with Hare and Forbes but the whole experience was much more pleasant. In fact this is the first machinery dealer I have been into that actually treated you nice.

The whole team there was fantastic and I walked away with a few gems of info - like how to ID a metric Clarkson collet from an imperial - a groove around the flange.
They mainly sell Taiwanese mills and lathes new from a separate but same business (Whitelaw Machinery) and the tools section had a couple of used lathes and an almost new H&F HM 52 with a heap of cutters and collets and an Enco Maximat 11.

http://www.whitelawmachinery.com.au/

Anyway hope this helps if you are looking for somewhere that seems only too happy to provide service at a comparable price. Ohh on that note my 6mm slot mill was $10 which is no more expensive than any other retailer so its a no cost solution for me.