PDA

View Full Version : My (harlequin) workshop

journeyman Mick
17th August 2003, 10:24 PM
Pretty much finished building the shed 2 weeks ago, just need to backfill upto the retaining wall, but have to wait as some birds are nesting in the bank and have chicks in the nest. I picked up all the custom orb sheeting from a roofing contractor I know for $100, they're all cover sheets and extras, including the polycarbonate "windows", hence the "harlequin" look. May get round to painting it one of these days but there's heaps of more important stuff to do. (If you look carefully you can see a whole kitchen's worth of aquaboard leaning against the wall). It's been a pretty slow and painful process as I've got a bung shoulder and two bad elbows as well as a bad back:( , but at least I've got somewhere to play.. um, work now.:D

Mick

journeyman Mick
17th August 2003, 10:27 PM
front of shed, showing artistic arrangement of colours:)

mick

kenmil
17th August 2003, 11:31 PM
Wait for birds nesting ???????
Jeez Mick you really are a sensitive new age kind of guy aren't you !

journeyman Mick
17th August 2003, 11:38 PM
Well that, and the fact that my bodies falling to pieces, so I'm waiting until I get my bobcat ticket so I can use a machine rather than my muscles.

Mick

PS.
Ken, you cruel heartless bastard, would you really backfill a trench onto a nest full of little birds that are going to grow up to be great little insectivores eating all the bugs off your fruit trees?:D

Wood Borer
18th August 2003, 09:22 AM
Looks really good Mick. You will have to show us some pictures of the inside when you get it set up.

I don't consider it soft to save the birds, I would have done the same thing myself.

- Wood Borer