PDA

View Full Version : New Tools

benji79
17th June 2007, 06:19 PM
Went to the WWW show in Syd yesterday and got me some new tools. I got a Rolly Munro hollower, a Rotary sander from Neil, some wood blanks including C/L and Red Mahogany and heaps of clock faces.

Cant wait to try the new tool out on them. Has any one used the Munrow hollower? Whats it like to use? Any tips for using it?

Oh, and the wife let me get a new thicknesser as well.

Think ill go have a beer and play with my new toys. :woot:

Benji.

rsser
17th June 2007, 06:54 PM
Good scores benji!

Can I borrow your missus for the Melb show? ;-}

Plenty of posts here on the Munro hollower ... do a search.

Was Rolly Munro doing demo's?

hughie
18th June 2007, 09:08 PM
[

Cant wait to try the new tool out on them. Has any one used the Munrow hollower? Whats it like to use? Any tips for using it?

Wot Ern said.
Enjoy! :2tsup:

Rance
19th June 2007, 03:53 AM
Think ill go have a beer and play with my new toys.

Congrats on the new tools. I picked up a new Nova chuck this weekend myself.

Might I suggest that you keep the adult beverages and sharp object away from each other? They don't mix well, nor should it be encouraged via the list. :)

Ozartisan
19th June 2007, 06:14 PM
Ern
Rolly was doing the demo's on the Trend stand.
Had a chat with him & he said he has been asked to do Melbourne, but not sure if he will be there at this stage.
Benji
I also bought his new mini hollower - gave it a go on the weekend. I like it - just need to come to grips with the finer points of it's use!
I reckon - set the "bite" pretty fine & just play with the best angle of attack.

Jim Carroll
19th June 2007, 06:40 PM
Rolly is hoping to get to Melbourne, it will depend on his schedule in Europe, if he can get back in time.

rsser
19th June 2007, 07:16 PM
Oz, you got it. Good to play with some green wood first IMO. Jim is a Munro fan and I'm sure would be happy to advise you further. Rolly is also responsive to email.

Jim, thanks. Hope he can make it. I'm keen to see him in the flesh. Sorry our turning day dates don't suit btw.