PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw Box Classes

WillyInBris
20th June 2007, 09:49 PM
Hi Ladies and Gents,

I was wondering if anyone does bandsaw box classes in Brisbane?

Its something that has really interested me for a long time and would really like to give it a go, also what equipment will I require, I have a 14" Bandsaw So I guess thats a start but what else?

Thanks in advance

Willy

Sir Stinkalot
20th June 2007, 10:02 PM
Here are two classes that I have taken:

Building Beautiful Boxes With Your Bandsaw: Lois Keener Ventura
or
The Ultimate Band Saw Box Book: Donna LaChance Menke.

Both very good books .... In my view the first explains everything step by step for one style (although many different variations) of box, it holds your hand and guides you through the process. The second covers many different style boxes, giving good instruction, but assumes at least a very basic knowedge for the more complex boxes.

That being said I would get both, and have both. Check book shops, Timbecon or Carbatec.

Sculptured Box
20th June 2007, 10:48 PM
Hi, no need to venture off shore! The basic Bandsaw Box Plans plans and Pocket Guide to Bandsaw Box Making are free ~ Bandsawn Box Plans (http://%E2%80%9Dhttp://www.tonyward.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=2&Itemid=78%E2%80%9D%3E)

WillyInBris
21st June 2007, 07:36 AM
Hi Tony and Stink,

I will have a look at those books when I am allowed back to Carbatec :C, Thanks Tony have registered on your site will probably give the first project a go, when you talk about sanding tools what do you mean power tools, the trusty old hand and sand paper?

Tony I really like some of your work.

Thanks Willy

Sculptured Box
21st June 2007, 08:18 AM
Hi Tony and Stink,

I will have a look at those books when I am allowed back to Carbatec :C, Thanks Tony have registered on your site will probably give the first project a go, when you talk about sanding tools what do you mean power tools, the trusty old hand and sand paper?

Tony I really like some of your work.

Thanks Willy

HiWilly, there are few power tools which can achieve the fine finish provided by the "trusty old hand" method.
As our good friend p.t.c. has suggested adapting an electric carving knife to assist is probably the most efficient means of getting at those difficult areas.

By the way your inquiry prompted me to look at the site statistics which show that there have been more than 1500 downloads of plans from my site, since June 2006.

ptc
21st June 2007, 11:38 AM
I use Ubeaut trad wax and eee to finish them off.

The Old Bloke
3rd July 2007, 05:15 PM
hi tony,
im coming to the blue mountains on a nostalga trip in october and would like to call in and meet you and admire your work is this possible and if it is may i have your address

pm me

Sculptured Box
3rd July 2007, 06:18 PM
hi tony,
im coming to the blue mountains on a nostalga trip in october and would like to call in and meet you and admire your work is this possible and if it is may i have your address

pm me

Hello the OB

More than happy to meet with you, in fact planning is underway for the Advanced Bandsawn Box Making Class 12th ~ 14th October 2007, at Emu Plains (Western Sydney) why not join us?

W.Lill
3rd July 2007, 10:25 PM
... planning is underway for the Advanced Bandsawn Box Making Class 12th ~ 14th October 2007, at Emu Plains (Western Sydney)

G'day Tony,

Will there be a Beginning in Bandsawn Box Making Class beforehand?

Sculptured Box
3rd July 2007, 10:54 PM
G'day Tony,

Will there be a Beginning in Bandsawn Box Making Class beforehand?

Hi Warwick,

Yes there is one commencing 13th July 2007, for three days, participants get to make three bandsawn boxes.

martink
4th July 2007, 12:45 AM
Hi Warwick,

Yes there is one commencing 13th July 2007, for three days, participants get to make three bandsawn boxes.

Bugger, I would be there if it wasn't a work day *sob* Would love to learn from a master on how to make these things!

Ross
4th July 2007, 01:42 PM
Hi Warwick,

Where and how much?

Ross

Sculptured Box
4th July 2007, 02:09 PM
Where and how much?

Ross

Ross

At Benchworks, Unit 1/13 Smith Street, Emu Plains, commencing 13th July 2007, the cost are $525.00 and $450.00 for Pensioners and Students

Please call me on M: 0402018750 if you are interested, I think we have a vacancy at this time?