PDA

View Full Version : I bought my Saw that runs off the 3 point linkage on the tractor

givusabrake
21st June 2007, 09:50 PM
:2tsup: Well I should say I stumbled across two very old ones and bought the one that was still fairly intact and still almost usable, but overheard an older guy that was standing nearby say that he had one like new just sitting in his shed all done up with two spare blades these are about 700mm in diameter and his runs independently off a 4stroke engine etc

Just a point of Interest, I may be purchasing a Horizontal bandsaw direct from the USA at this point in time it is looking like a very viable alternative to buying second hand, and just above half the price of locally made one I will update this post with a pic of my rusty old saw tomorrow and also details of the Horizontal Bandsaw asap. :D

and yepper I am a very happy person at present with my $80 saw

Cheers,
Steph

weisyboy
22nd June 2007, 06:24 PM
i think you will find that that saw is for cross cutting things like fire wood and not for sawing logs. we had one as kids.

givusabrake
22nd June 2007, 07:16 PM
Yepper thats exactamundo I reckon it will be much better on the hardwood and crappy old Banksia than my good Chainsaws....

as for the Logs that will be a Job for the Horizontal Bandsaw.... I did see a near new one down the road a couple of years ago... I am going to chase it up and see if it is still available but to be honest I don't thing I will beat the deal I can get direct from the USA they seem to be able to manufacture and sell items well under half what we charge

weisyboy
23rd June 2007, 07:09 PM
be carefull they a dangerous things to use for ripping. make sure you get a good rippin blade and install some rollers.

bobsreturn2003
24th June 2007, 03:27 PM
hi , i have looked at bringing over a bandsaw also .and freight plus gst ,make it a lot dearer ,than it looks ,so have decided to build one . i have a small one called -little ripper- was made on the sunshine coast .that is great for small logs ,and resawing . and havent been able to find for sale here ,its all lucas - peterson swing blade . lets know how you go . and dont forget a riving knife if you rip with the circular saw . cheers bob

weisyboy
26th June 2007, 10:47 AM
i am also looking at building a bandsaw mill

wood ducks
19th July 2007, 05:13 PM
I bought a mill last year. I looked the small US Woodmizer but decided that a Westford mill made in Perth represented equal quality and specifications for a lot less - $10,725.00 landed in Brisbane incl GST. Comared to US $13,037.00 in June 06.
Google for westfords or e-mail [email protected]. I gave all my working papers to a friend in Townsville so haven't got the details now.