PDA

View Full Version : This Weather

jako58au
27th June 2007, 11:39 AM
I know I'll possibly be howled down & called a whinger, but I've had a gutfull of this rain. I understand that the farmers have had a rough time with the drought the last few years,but I think even they are sick of it!!We all know they get Government assistance,but the Brickies,Concreters,Roof Tilers & any other trade that predominately works outside gets no help.I feel for those farmers that really do need this rain but then again I've never once heard a "cocky" say Jeez I hope it stays fine for the Brickies!

SilentButDeadly
27th June 2007, 04:47 PM
What rain? No rain where I am! And hasn't been for some time. Perhaps you should move.

silentC
27th June 2007, 04:49 PM
Behind that little door under the thicknesser...
It would be a bit of a worry if it was raining there...

Grunt
27th June 2007, 06:33 PM
Rain, you bastard rain says the keyboard jockey snuggled up in front of the computer.

I have property that has a damn and water tanks that need water.

ozwinner
27th June 2007, 06:36 PM
Have a squiz here (http://www.bom.gov.au/hydro/flood/vic/) as to how much weve had.

Al :cool::2tsup:

johnc
28th June 2007, 11:36 PM
It's wet down our way and likely to get wetter. The towns haven't really coped much from above compared to the stuff that fell in hills which is heading for the coast at a fast rate. This time round its going to be very unpleasant for many with a number of houses under already and a lot of road closures. We sit fairly high and are not at any risk although it looks as though the town may be cut off for a short time with the causeway on our west likely to see some water over it and the east cut off for what looks to be a few days. I feel for the poor devils in the surrounding areas that are really going to take a hammering.