PDA

View Full Version : Small scale Casters in Melb

Gra
27th June 2007, 10:39 PM
Guys,

Does anyone know of any resonably priced small run metal casters in Melbourne (Aluminium and bronze)

Toggy
28th June 2007, 10:18 PM
Try Ron Mulholland in Ramsay St, Spotswood. It was a small family business (as in he took over from his father). Ron would be close to retirement now; but I am sure he had a couple of sons in the mid 70's.

Small ad in yellowpages.com

Ken

Greg Q
29th June 2007, 11:47 AM
There was a guy casting both metals in Heidleburg...he quoted me $100 to cast a smoother body in gunmetal a few years back. His foundry was behind his house on Hawdon St, a block or two from Burgundy St.

I didn't do that project so can't say what his bronze was like, but he was doing a lot of victorian architectural trim in aluminium that looked good out of the mould.

Greg

Beerbotboffin
30th June 2007, 08:47 PM
G'day Gra,

How big is a short run? If you planning more than one run, why not just build your own furnace? The cost of having someone else do one job would pretty much cover the cost of building your own (assuming no scrounging. If you have scrounging abilities, cost is VERY low).

The other benefit is that there is no waiting, and you have COMPLETE control over the job.

Cheers,
shane