PDA

View Full Version : TTIT"s Web Page

WOODbTURNER
28th June 2007, 12:27 PM
G'day Vern
Just realised you had a web site by clicking onto your "Turning Trees Into Toothpicks" signature. Had a look and am very impressed with it and your work.
If any of you out there want a good read check out TTIT's site.
Great stuff Vern!
Jeff
http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon14.gif

Gil Jones
28th June 2007, 02:26 PM
Been there, done that, and it was not found to be wanting!!! :2tsup:
Now I need to figure out how to create my own site.

ticklingmedusa
28th June 2007, 06:45 PM
I landed there recently myself and was also impressed.
well done.
tm

BernieP
28th June 2007, 06:53 PM
G'Day TTIT

Great site, and thanks for pointing it out Jeff. Great section on the trees.

Cheers
Bernie

TTIT
28th June 2007, 08:36 PM
WoooHooo!!!! Free advertising :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: Thanks for the comments guy's - makes it worth the effort. Stay tuned though - another 20 or so tree to go in over the next few weeks - if I can stay away from the lathe long enough! :B

lubbing5cherubs
28th June 2007, 08:45 PM
yep I agree great job there Mate
Toni

greenwood
28th June 2007, 10:49 PM
WoooHooo!!!! Free advertising :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: Thanks for the comments guy's - makes it worth the effort. Stay tuned though - another 20 or so tree to go in over the next few weeks - if I can stay away from the lathe long enough! :B

what a great idea , one for the types of wood you've turned , and i like the pipe adaptor will make one of those , :D

Caveman
29th June 2007, 12:42 AM
what a great idea , one for the types of wood you've turned

Agree - what a great collection - amazing list of species so far covered.

Nice site Vern!:2tsup:

RufflyRustic
29th June 2007, 09:36 AM
Fantastic site Vern. Love the information you've put together, especially about the trees.

cheers
Wendy:2tsup:

Andy Mac
29th June 2007, 09:57 AM
Excellent looking site, and able to get around in it easily...top job.:2tsup:
Like Wendy, I especially like the trees section, with detailed photos and samples of the timber, along with your personal description. Makes for great reading.:)

Cheers,

philf
30th June 2007, 05:18 PM
G'day Vern
Just realised you had a web site by clicking onto your "Turning Trees Into Toothpicks" signature. Had a look and am very impressed with it and your work.
If any of you out there want a good read check out TTIT's site.
Great stuff Vern!
Jeff
http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon14.gif

HI WOODbTURNER,

Thanks for the heads up on web page, good site TTIT, I used to think
something else when I saw your sig :U TTIT:o
Well done.

Rgds Phil

Skew ChiDAMN!!
30th June 2007, 05:38 PM
A nicely set up site. :thyel: Those all your own turned pieces, Vern? I'm wondering why we haven't seen brag-shots of some of them in here?! :wink: Although some we have... I think?

Like Wendy, I especially like the trees section, with detailed photos and samples of the timber, along with your personal description. Makes for great reading.:)

I'm impatiently waiting for him to add a few more trees so I can use it as my all-in-one timber ID reference... I reckon another 1 or 2 thousand species should about do it. :innocent:

powderpost
30th June 2007, 06:09 PM
Vern, I just discovered the key to your web site. You have a very nice site, congratulations...
Jim

TTIT
2nd July 2007, 12:14 AM
....... Those all your own turned pieces, Vern? I'm wondering why we haven't seen brag-shots of some of them in here?! :wink: Although some we have... I think?.All my own work Skew and yes, you have seen a few of them - but if I posted everything I made, you guys would get jack of me in no time! :; For the forum, I try to stick to stuff that has something unusual about it or things that will give newbies ideas - like the one I'm posting tonight - a mystery no less!!!:whatonearth:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
2nd July 2007, 12:23 AM
All my own work Skew and yes, you have seen a few of them - but if I posted everything I made, you guys would get jack of me in no time! :; For the forum, I try to stick to stuff that has something unusual about it or things that will give newbies ideas - like the one I'm posting tonight - a mystery no less!!!:whatonearth:

I know what you mean. But some of the new (to me) pieces had me Oohing an Aahing like a newby. :D