PDA

View Full Version : This ones for Toni

bdar
28th June 2007, 11:16 PM
Do believe purple is Tonis's favourite colour so saved this for last and it will keep the little miss happy and give me some peace:) It is a Violet and Pink Acrylester blank on an Americana kit from Gary Pye.
Darren

lubbing5cherubs
29th June 2007, 05:22 AM
Yep darren you got me in one. That one mine. IT's gorgeous. To make it even better Darren that is my favourite kit too. So you did a good guess at the one for me. Great Job! Awesome bl#$dy beautiful!!
Made my day thinking of a pen for me. Good one
bye
Toni

Fox3
29th June 2007, 07:28 AM
I like it! Purple, I just love purple! Appropriate for the Toni, purple is the color of royalty :)!

OK, I am not officially over my dislike of plastic :-) :2tsup:!

Mrs Woodpecker
29th June 2007, 09:06 AM
It's Mrs Woodpecker again. I am getting braver. Where do you get those pen kits. Love the shape. Shirley

PenTurner
29th June 2007, 10:15 AM
That beautiful kit can be purchased from Gary Pye Woodworking, just google search. Lovely pen Darren:2tsup: and lucky Toni, NOW, my favourite colour is............. and I would like......!?:D :D :D Amos

lubbing5cherubs
29th June 2007, 10:40 AM
Hi Shirley, Nice to see you post. Post away nice to see you.
THat kit is available from Gary Pye:-
https://gpwoodturning.yahoostore.com.au/cgi/index.cgi/shopfront/view_product_details?category_id=1107136753&product_id=1107219608
and Carrols Wood craft
http://cws-store.yahoostore.com.au/cgi/index.cgi/shopfront/view_product_details?category_id=1107144820&product_id=1107416172
and Addictive pen kit sells the retro which is very similar but it has a gold band in it here
http://www.addictivepenkits.com.au/index.php?module=Website&action=ProductDetails&content=355

hth
Toni

Amos---
Amos I don't think that pen mine it was speaking in general terms remembering I love Purple, & About me having it. I was pulling his legs.

Viki---
Sweet one, I am no royalty. I never get away with doing everything when and where I was told. Lot more people worthy around here than royalty. For example Darren and Skew both always ready to impart there knowledge. I would not be where I am today without people like Skew and Darren and a couple of others in USA that answered all my dumb questions;

bye Toni

PenTurner
29th June 2007, 12:01 PM
Hello Toni, yes i have to agree with you, Along with a few others I also have been greatly helped, I haven't got a woodworking background so sometimes when they go off with terms that are very meaningful to those who know them I get lost, so I always ask for PICTURES, so i can learn more quickly. (Still, I reckon that pen would look good with you!!):) :) ,we will have to twist arms!!!!:rolleyes: Amos

bdar
29th June 2007, 11:29 PM
Shirley Toni has given you the suppliers for the Americana, with Gary Pye being the closest to you. The Retro that Brett @ Addictive Pens sell was the first introduction to the style of the Americana for me and the 2 barrels with the shorter drilling distance is good type to start with. The acrylester blanks you can get from Jim @ Carrolls, don't know if he carries the full colour range but he will be able to let you know. There is an MIK outlet in Townsville I think, can't remember exactly but they may carry kits but not sure.

Toni you have said some kind words and I feel very humble. I had a hard time in the turning world when I started, and I vowed that I would show anyone what I have learned because I did not want to be like the people that said they would teach and help me, I am still waiting for these people after being a member of the guild for 20 years. Only one has ever helped me and he is Mr Bradley, Curly and we are the best of friends and he is 82 this year, he is my 3rd grandad :).

I just like to share what I have found in my learning curve, which is still going, everytime I turn I learn something new. I want people to find the enjoyment that I have in my heart when I can show the beauty in the timber. Everything that I make comes from the heart has a part of my soul go with it. So when Kimberley uses her pen I made her I am there, the same as when I use her pen she is with me. That is a bit of how I feel about turning.
Darren