PDA

View Full Version : Deep fried bacon?

ozwinner
30th June 2007, 06:24 PM
Welcome back viewer.

We bought a deep fryer last night from Myers with a gift voucher we had, and this morning I had bacon for breakfast.

The wheels started to turn in me head as they do, and I wondered if you could deep fry bacon?
I would use Olive oil of course for the low fat and healthiness stuff.

Al :?

Gra
30th June 2007, 06:36 PM
only a person with UK heritage could come up with deep fried bacon......

Hmmm sounds good though

Just George
30th June 2007, 06:42 PM
Crack an egg into a bowl and tip it in with the bacon to see if it stays together. I think it would stay together to give a nice fried egg - a real fried egg. Mix that with some croutons and you've got a gourmet brekky.

MICKYG
30th June 2007, 06:57 PM
Al this is worth a try, I like the idea yumyumyumyumyumyumyum. I see you did the right thing and used oil.

Regards Mike:wink:

Lignum
30th June 2007, 07:01 PM
Deep fried bacon in batter sounds like a winner. I have heard of a take away that is doing a roaring trade with deep fried pizza slices in batter - now that sounds good :)

Gumby
30th June 2007, 07:03 PM
:yuk::gaah:

ozwinner
30th June 2007, 07:04 PM
I have heard of a take away that is doing a roaring trade with deep fried pizza slices in batter - now that sounds good :)

Erindoors told me about the deep fried pizza after I mentioned about he deep fried bacon this morning.

Hmmmmmm, yum..:cool:

Al :U

ozwinner
30th June 2007, 07:06 PM
:yuk::gaah:

Gees Gumbo, whats wrong wid ya? :?

Gumby
30th June 2007, 07:07 PM
Gees Gumbo, whats wrong wid ya? :?

it might go well wif dat stuff what youse got me ta drink last time ize seen ya. :D

Sturdee
30th June 2007, 07:18 PM
Erindoors told me about the deep fried pizza after I mentioned about he deep fried bacon this morning.

Hmmmmmm, yum..:cool:

And deep fried hamburgers and sausages in batter as well, but I prefer fish and chips.

Peter.

ozwinner
30th June 2007, 07:26 PM
And deep fried hamburgers and sausages in batter as well,

Peter.

Owwwhhhh Pete, ya sure now how to talk dirty to a bloke..:cool:

Al :U:U

Rocker
30th June 2007, 08:17 PM
Elvis used to like deep-fried Mars bars, I believe.

Rocker

craigb
30th June 2007, 08:42 PM
Deep fried bacon? :oo: Strewth, my arteries are clogging up just thinking about it.

Grunt
30th June 2007, 09:51 PM
Deep fried bacon is not for me.

I do however like my bacon crispy.

Honorary Bloke
30th June 2007, 11:03 PM
Sounds coals to Newcastle to me. :D

I understand deep-fried chocolate bars are quite the rage in Edinburgh. The Scots will apparently deep-fry anything. So, evidently, will Al. :C

There is one restaurant (?) here in the States that is famous for deep-frying its hamburgers. They claim that they are using the same vat of grease that they started with in 1947. :oo: That it just sort of renews itself from all the hamburger fat.

Sturdee
30th June 2007, 11:18 PM
Owwwhhhh Pete, ya sure now how to talk dirty to a bloke..:cool:

Al :U:U

And never forget the delicacy I had in Queensland, namely deep fried ice cream and deep fried pineapple for desert.

Peter.

Honorary Bloke
30th June 2007, 11:28 PM
And never forget the delicacy I had in Queensland, namely deep fried ice cream and deep fried pineapple for desert.

Peter.

Well, now I will admit that I love deep-fried ice cream. Yum. :)

ubeaut
1st July 2007, 02:15 AM
Up the road from us they sell a thing called "A Foot Long" which is: beer battered, deep fried, cabana 1 foot long. Bloody fantastic taste and you can hear the arteries harden as you eat it.

"A 30 cm" Nah it just don't sound as good. Thank goodness some things are still sold in imperials rather than metrics.

Iain
3rd July 2007, 12:55 PM
I like shallow fried Kevlavogravia coated with plain flour, beee yoooti full.

Bleedin Thumb
3rd July 2007, 01:27 PM
Elvis used to like deep-fried Mars bars, I believe.

Rocker

No that was deep fried peanut butter sandwiches that Elvis liked, the mars bar thing had something to do with Marianne Faithful.

Capt. Zero
4th July 2007, 02:17 PM
And I thought us Cajuns were strange for deep frying a turkey.:2tsup: Delish!!!

"Oh Nickky your such a tool."
Betty Jo Bialosky

namtrak
4th July 2007, 04:30 PM
......deep-fried Mars bars......

I noticed the other day, that they were on the actual menu board of a take-away we called into at Whittlesea. Had a few Al?

echnidna
4th July 2007, 04:37 PM
Ok Al, you've had the deep friar long enough.

Whats the result?

Does it taste good?

ozwinner
4th July 2007, 06:57 PM
I noticed the other day, that they were on the actual menu board of a take-away we called into at Whittlesea. Had a few Al?

Yerrkk, perish the thought, I could think of nothing worse. :no:

Ok Al, you've had the deep friar long enough.

Whats the result?

Does it taste good?

Erindoors wont let me do it. :no:

Al :)

Iain
5th July 2007, 08:50 AM
you've had the deep friar long enough.

Related to the chip monk?:rolleyes: :wink: :p :D

Fox3
5th July 2007, 11:25 AM
Might be interesting :-).

I did know someone once who stir fried bacon and it worked out quite well. Somehow I have never been able to duplicate it :((.

rhancock
5th July 2007, 12:28 PM
sausages in batter

Mmmm .... Sausages in batter.....

I'd forgotten about those. Time for a trip back to the uk, I think

Iain
5th July 2007, 03:06 PM
Mmmm .... Sausages in batter.....

I'd forgotten about those. Time for a trip back to the uk, I think

Don't need to, just get the Army cookbook, 200 ways to cook a sausage:wink:

Glen
26th July 2007, 07:13 PM
Erindoors wont let me do it. :no:

Al :)[/quote]

Doesn't she ever go out?
:D

echnidna
26th July 2007, 07:35 PM
he's under the thumb :p :p

Brickie
30th December 2007, 07:20 PM
I took a while, but I done it.....:D

And it was delish, cooked in vegie oil of course...:2tsup:

OLDPHART
30th December 2007, 07:50 PM
You blokes have absolutely no respect for your cholesterol levels or your arteries.:(
Heard the yanks did deep fried coca cola:roll:l

Brickie
30th December 2007, 08:04 PM
You blokes have absolutely no respect for your cholesterol levels or your arteries.:(
Heard the yanks did deep fried coca cola:roll:l

This coming from a generation that lived on drippin butties.......:D:D

manoftalent
30th December 2007, 10:46 PM
as a chef for more than 30 yrs, I have to say the chip butty sanga beats them all .....my nan God rest her soul used a combination of veg oil and butter to cook the chips with .....but that was when butter ...really was butter .....I have never been able to reproduce her work, although I have tried many times to no avail......and its probably why my doctor is so vigilant with my cholesterol readings ....I was >< this close to being on tablets for the rest of my life ....but now I have lost 23kgs ....walk more often ....and drink more .....water ...plain ...tasteless ....water :q so be carefull .....it could happen to you.

ss_11000
31st December 2007, 12:44 AM
mmm. deep fried ice cream:licklips:
:PANCAKES:

ravlord13
31st December 2007, 04:02 PM
Battered Hamburgers,Deep fried are BEAUTIFUL and down here we crumb the Mars bars before we fry them.
Cheers ravlord.:2tsup:

Brickie
31st December 2007, 04:06 PM
I used to do battered beep fried jam butties as a kid, they go well with lashings of cream...:2tsup:

againstthegrain
31st December 2007, 05:36 PM
Being from Kentucky we deep fry anything...and I do mean ANYTHING! And usually in lard.
Deep fried bacon sounds like a great addition to Sunday breakie to me!!:2tsup:

ernknot
1st January 2008, 09:50 PM
I wonder how cold smoked salmon would taste if deep fried??

Meggles
8th January 2008, 06:43 PM
ha ha...one night at my old work i was really quiet, and working in a restaurant you just get sick of the food so we all used to bring a small bag of lollies to work for snacks. well that night we decided to deep fry chocolate. dipped in batter and then friend chocolate dinner mints, snickers (yum) and choc covered Turkish delight and mars bar of course. helped that the hotel had a vending machine....we got in so much trouble but it was worth it.

tea lady
9th January 2008, 11:12 AM
Maybe you could deep fry those dinosaur lollies and call it dinosaur tempura? Or chocolate tempura. Suddenly sounds all gormet and everything.:rolleyes: