PDA

View Full Version : Finger joints on Incra jig

sbolton
1st July 2007, 02:24 PM
Hi:

Completely new to this forum. I want to make boxes the one attached which is made by Rob Cosman.

Can I do this with a Incra jig on a router table? Do I need the templates?
Is there is a steep learning cuve on something like this.

The box does not have equal pins and tailpeices, as the photo shows.

Thanks for any input.

Sbolton

Big Shed
1st July 2007, 02:46 PM
Hi:

Completely new to this forum. I want to make boxes the one attached which is made by Rob Cosman.

Can I do this with a Incra jig on a router table? Do I need the templates?
Is there is a steep learning cuve on something like this.

The box does not have equal pins and tailpeices, as the photo shows.

Thanks for any input.

Sbolton

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will learn heaps here, I certainly did!

To answer your questions, yes you can make finger joints like that with the Incra jig, yes you need the templates and they are supplied with all but the most basic Incra jig. You can of course do it without by doing a bit of experimenting.

If all else fails, you can do like Rob Cosman and go over to the darkside:U

martink
1st July 2007, 11:49 PM
I use my incra jig for finger joints and it works very well. I have the Ultra 24 (which does come with the templates). The only thing I can say is make sure you get a bit of practice in before you cut into things you care about! It's easy to use, but can be hard to master the fit.

Having said that, it also does dovetails and other funky joints (though I haven't done these yet) and is the best router table fence I have used to date!!!

Ciao,

M.

P.S. Has anyone seen the FWW fence that Pat Warner uses? Know where I can get the plans for this?? You never can have too many shop made things:D

scooter
2nd July 2007, 11:23 PM
Maybe PM Rocker, I think the fine adjustment mechanism on his mortising jig was inspired by Warner's fence.

Chris Parks
4th July 2007, 11:56 PM
P.S. Has anyone seen the FWW fence that Pat Warner uses? Know where I can get the plans for this?? You never can have too many shop made things:D

PM me your email address. I have a PDF on it which should be sufficient.