PDA

View Full Version : Weekend report

Hickory
1st July 2007, 04:03 PM
Been busy as a beaver but accomplished little today. Last year SHE bought grandson Jared a small seat for his yard. Double burner type with a table between them . China Junque. Well first off older grandson Josh sat in it and it splintered so I fixed it. Then they left it out all winter (box wood) and it succumbed to the elements. All of a sudden it is in my garage with instructions to "Fix-it" ~~ Fix what? I says.... (response) Grawl, snarl,(showing teeth) just fix it..... Well an evening & a half plus all day today it are gooder than new. Legs, sides, braces, etc are Pallet Pine, ripped, sawn, planed, sanded, jointed, dowelled, and gorilla glued together with old pieces as patterns... I used the original seat slats and the back splats, aside from that it is a completely new chair... How do you like it, Hun? .... Paint it! she says... OTay, two coats of white. I hope it was worth the effort for a $14 toy chair.

watson
1st July 2007, 04:50 PM
Ah But!!
Jared can always say " My Grandpa made this"

joe greiner
1st July 2007, 09:38 PM
Ah But!!
Jared can always say " My Grandpa made this"

... so I'd best bring it indoors for the winter."

Nice job, Hickory. Quick work, too.

Joe

Honorary Bloke
1st July 2007, 10:03 PM
It's a bit like the axe with three new handles and two new heads but otherwise it's just as my grandfather left it. :D

JeffG.
3rd July 2007, 09:59 AM
Nice job.

Did you remember to tell her that this type of repair is tricky and will require a new power tool? :U

I think me and the wife are heading down to Kentucky Lake tomorrow night for a four-day fishing trip. Its a 7 hour drive pulling the boat but well worth it.

Pops
3rd July 2007, 01:26 PM
Well Hickory, as long as it will last a couple of years you should be OK. It will be too small for him or he too big for it by then, hopefully. Good job mate, chairs are a lot of work.

Cheers
Pops