PDA

View Full Version : Timber in Brisbane

Exador
2nd July 2007, 12:30 PM
Hi Folks,
just a reminder that we're still here and can still offer you a large range of local and exotic timbers, including a good range of sassafrass, blackwood and a little myrtle from Tasmania, burl pieces and a couple of Huon and myrtle slabs. For the more exotically inclined, we have some Albizzia Fastigiata slabs and rounds, some Khaya slabs and boards and some Japanese Oak, slabs and boards. Local species include the usual suspects such as spotted and flooded gum in slabs and boards, forest red gum in slabs and boards, 3 species of ironbark, mango, silky oak, kauri, camphor laurel, norfolk, hoop and radiata pine slabs, grey gum, jacaranda, and a couple of unidentified species.

Prices are reasonable and it's all dry or nearly so. Give us a pm or drop in at
15 Brecknock St, Archerfield. If you have a specific requirement, tell us about it with some notice and we can accommodate.

We will be taking delivery of another mill in September, based in Brisbane, so if anyone has a need for some on-site milling, let us know. We can also collect the log and mill it in our yard, if your site is unsuited to milling.

HappyHammer
2nd July 2007, 12:47 PM
Hey Craig any advice on what to do with these English Oak boards?

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=47341&page=2

HH.

Exador
2nd July 2007, 12:52 PM
Sorry HH, not much to be done as far as i can see. The oaks are a PITA at the best of times from what i can gather. The jap oak I've got was a cranky mongrel except for the bits that were cut on the quarter. I'd just coat them in something like dimension 4 from Intergrain and hope that slows down the loss of moisture enough to let them dry without falling to bits. Good luck!:2tsup:

HappyHammer
2nd July 2007, 12:54 PM
Thanks Craig you mean coat them all over?

HH.

Exador
2nd July 2007, 01:31 PM
Yes, all over. it won't stop them drying altogether, but it'll slow it down a fair bit.

MajorPanic
2nd July 2007, 07:59 PM
Craig, Craig, Craig.............

Show me the 100+ X 100+ Black Wattle & I'll be beating down your door!!! :U :U :U

Toolin Around
2nd July 2007, 10:59 PM
Hi Craig

What are your dimensions on ironbark. Got any Gidgy, rosewood...

Exador
3rd July 2007, 10:13 AM
Craig, Craig, Craig.............

Show me the 100+ X 100+ Black Wattle & I'll be beating down your door!!! :U :U :U

Sorry major, not at the moment, anyway. We're still looking into it. watch this space.

Exador
3rd July 2007, 10:16 AM
Hi Craig

What are your dimensions on ironbark. Got any Gidgy, rosewood...

Ironbark we have in stock at 100x50, 150x25 and I think some 150x50. Will be cutting some more shortly, so won't be ready until about January or so, depending on how thick you want it. If you want green, tell us the size you're looking for and we can cut it for you, or you can wait until it's dried.

Can't help with gidgee or rosewood. Always looking, though.

aaron.aafjes
5th July 2007, 09:31 PM
hi there ,
have a job coming up and wishing to know if you are interested in cutting down an extremely large camphor laurel and very large radiata pine for milling.timber is yours for the taking.please could you contact me on 0432414724 or email at [email protected]
cheers aaron

aaron.aafjes
5th July 2007, 09:37 PM
oh, and how can i contact you, eg. phoneno.
cheers, aaron

Exador
6th July 2007, 05:29 AM
hi there ,
have a job coming up and wishing to know if you are interested in cutting down an extremely large camphor laurel and very large radiata pine for milling.timber is yours for the taking.please could you contact me on 0432414724 or email at [email protected]
cheers aaron

Hi AAron,
We're not loppers, but I can certainly direct you to some very good people who we use from time to time. If they know the tree is to come to us they'll be able to take that into account when dropping it and when quoting the job. Are you north or southside?

The radiata is not of much use to us, I'm afraid, but the camphor would be very nice.

aaron.aafjes
6th July 2007, 05:03 PM
gday craig, house is in ipswich and access to the camphor is pretty good, hate to see all that beautiful timber go to waste. can you give me your companies name and phone and the loppers who you use as i am going to see the client on monday night.
cheers, aaron

Exador
8th July 2007, 09:29 AM
gday craig, house is in ipswich and access to the camphor is pretty good, hate to see all that beautiful timber go to waste. can you give me your companies name and phone and the loppers who you use as i am going to see the client on monday night.
cheers, aaron

Hi Aaron,
We use SEQ Arborcare (1800 773 052)quite a bit, although they mostly work north of the river. Speak to Paul. Another one we work with is Chipmunks (0407 633 777), who I know do quite a bit of work in the Ipswich region. Speak to Danny. Both of those crews do very neat work.

Oh yes, we're Eco-Urban Timber Products. 0400 455 705

Yossarian
9th November 2007, 11:55 PM
can you arrange freight on slabs to the central coast NSW if I was to buy a few slabs? thanks

Exador
18th November 2007, 05:52 AM
can you arrange freight on slabs to the central coast NSW if I was to buy a few slabs? thanks

Sry about the delay in responding, I just saw this. By all means, if you are after a few slabs, we can arrange freight for you. Give me a pm or a call and I'd be happy to discuss your needs.