PDA

View Full Version : I washed my car today

ciscokid
3rd July 2007, 10:19 PM
Now I hate to get it dirty. 28 miles per gallon, 0 to 100 in under 13 seconds, top speed around 185 (MPH). Extremely docile in traffic but just a wee bit difficult to get in and out of.

m2c1Iw
3rd July 2007, 10:25 PM
Mmmm.....nice, hope we get em out here one day:2tsup:

watson
3rd July 2007, 10:30 PM
G'day Cisco,
Got to confess....I've never been guilty of washing a car.
Also got to confess that the high range of our vehicular machines is a 1985 Mitsubishi Colt.
Hardly worth the water!
Nice car you've got there though.

Sturdee
3rd July 2007, 10:37 PM
a 1985 Mitsubishi Colt.

Until recently we had one as well, was great for carting sleepers, chipboard and timber home.

Alas it went the way of all good cars, the engine started smoking too much and was too expensive to fix. :~ :~ :~ BTW , it never got washed either, the odd shower keot it clean enough. :D

Peter.

tameriska
3rd July 2007, 10:44 PM
Can I just ask what year and size motor she has?

watson
3rd July 2007, 10:45 PM
True Peter,
and it will carry 2.5 metre lengths of timber home with the back window shut.

ciscokid
4th July 2007, 12:39 AM
Can I just ask what year and size motor she has?

It's a '99 with 60,000 miles on it (I only drive it on nice days). It has an aluminum LS-1 that's around 348 cubic inches (the LS-1s are metric). I'm not sure about the horsepower, but it's enough to spin the rear tires at 55 MPH. The transmission is in the rear and gives the car a 52/48 front to rear balance. It has HUGE brakes. And the trunk is big enough to haul four fifty pound bags of pig feed. I know because I've done it. :U

ss_11000
4th July 2007, 12:53 AM
awesome looking car....looks good for cruising:D

the roads where you live must be good because that thing looks like it would scrape very easily being so low.

cheers

Phil Spencer
4th July 2007, 09:55 AM
Now I hate to get it dirty. 28 miles per gallon, 0 to 100 in under 13 seconds, top speed around 185 (MPH). Extremely docile in traffic but just a wee bit difficult to get in and out of.

Where do you put the wood? Is there a provision to tie stuff on the roof?:D

Phil

Honorary Bloke
4th July 2007, 11:37 AM
Well, Cisco and I both know it is a mid-life-crisis car. :D I bought a BMW myself when mine came. :rolleyes:

You don't haul wood in it, it is a chick-magnet. But . . . God help you if you actually attract one. :U :U

Cliff Rogers
4th July 2007, 01:43 PM
...it is a mid-life-crisis car. :D I bought a BMW myself when mine came. :rolleyes: ....
Did they have BMWs that century? :D

Sturdee
4th July 2007, 01:53 PM
True Peter,
and it will carry 2.5 metre lengths of timber home with the back window shut.

And if the timber was longer all you had to do was hook an occy strap through the two holes in the bottom of the back door and hook it over the towbar and the door stayed closed and held the timber in.

I still miss that little car.

Peter.

Capt. Zero
4th July 2007, 01:58 PM
You know, I was needing something to haul my pig feed in. How much milage with three sows and a shoat?:D

"Oh Nick this is the is the most beautiful ring. How can I ever make it up to you?"
"How about $500 down and a thirty six month contract?"

Nick Danger and Audrey Farber

Ruddigar
4th July 2007, 02:06 PM
Did they have BMWs that century? :D

Bob's Mule and Wagon. :D

fred.n
4th July 2007, 02:09 PM
VERY VERY nice car :2tsup:
That would scrape if you drove over a smoke butt :D

silentC
4th July 2007, 02:10 PM
it is a chick-magnet
Have you seen Borat?

Harry72
4th July 2007, 09:19 PM
I hope that 0-100 time is in mph!(or a grandma's scooter will beat it!)
We have family cars here that better 13sec too 100mph easily!(its still fast tho mate:))

Does it handle like a typical seppo car?

Honorary Bloke
4th July 2007, 10:22 PM
Bob's Mule and Wagon. :D

Well, at least it was an open-aired transport. :wink: :rolleyes:

I should give you and Cliff both a Reddie. :D

ciscokid
4th July 2007, 10:27 PM
I hope that 0-100 time is in mph!(or a grandma's scooter will beat it!)
We have family cars here that better 13sec too 100mph easily!(its still fast tho mate:))?

Agreed. My last vehicle was much faster in the quarter mile. But the Vette is a much better all-around performer.

Does it handle like a typical seppo car?

Naw. Independant front and rear suspensions with transverse leafs at both ends (the leafs run from side to side), 18 inch wheels in the back and 17 inch in the front, extremely wide low profile tires and a frame unlike any other American car make these things pull just over 1g on the skid pad. I can take a cloverleaf at 60 without the tires protesting.

And, yes, it does scrape often. But there are skid pads very much like sled runners that can be changed out when they get too bunged up.

Mid life crisis car? Yeah, probably. I've been driving race cars on the street since I was a lad and I just wanted something a little more civilized. This thing actually has a radio and I don't have to work on it all weekend to keep it on the road Monday thru Friday. It's the missus what gets all the attention though when she drives it into town. :~ :doh:

Groggy
4th July 2007, 11:06 PM
Thexy, very thexy...

black1
12th July 2007, 04:12 PM
its only a chev!

ciscokid
12th July 2007, 10:48 PM
First On Race Day????? :hmm:

That's not the way we say it over here.

I've always heard it's F%$#ed On Race Day. :zing: