PDA

View Full Version : Is this good or bad???

Little Festo
26th August 2003, 10:20 AM
Well guys the Misses went to her first woodturning class last night AND she said she really enjoyed it! She did a bit of work on spindle turning and then proceed to turn a handle for a cheese knife (Nice bit of wood - some dark figured bit of some local scrubby type tree, that grows on the black-soil flood plains in the Top End, with an Aboriginal souding name I can't remember).

The upside is that she really did enjoy herself and when she's happy things are good. It's always nice to make something and her little knife is really quite striking BUT even better she has suggested that we will probably need two lathes, probably a bigger one like the one she was using (Nova 3000). Withhout sounding mercinary I'm quite pleased and hope to share an enjoyable hobby with her (and a new "bigger lathe").

Do any other of you turners out there share you lathe with the wife?

All the best - Peter

river rat
26th August 2003, 11:34 AM
Little Festo,
My wife does not turn but supplies me with a lot of ideas on form and accents to pieces.

River Rat

Dean
26th August 2003, 02:41 PM
It's good, but you do realise now you will need 2 of everything :)

gatiep
26th August 2003, 06:20 PM
If you can share a hobby it is really good. My wife and I used to share all the hobbies......scuba diving, target shooting etc etc but then she joined me in radio control aircraft flying! That was a big mistake because it meant I had to build two planes and repair two planes after a days (crashing) flying!
Wood turning would be good....especially if she takes care of all the sanding and cleaning the workshop.
Seriously now...I think it is good to share a hobby.

Keep turnin !