7th July 2007, 05:15 PM
Sorry about that folks I clicked the wrong button

ss_11000
7th July 2007, 05:28 PM
awesome as usual :2tsup:

lubbing5cherubs
7th July 2007, 05:42 PM
:2tsup: beautiful Froggie, :2tsup:

Do you paint your tubes when doing acrylic?
Toni

Froggie40
7th July 2007, 06:09 PM
No Toni I have never painted the tube on any of my acrylics

Froggie

lubbing5cherubs
8th July 2007, 01:06 PM
For my benefit Brett can you write the names of the acrylic blanks so we can put a name to a pen. I am particularly interested in what name is the blue one.
Toni

Fox3
8th July 2007, 03:21 PM
Impressive! Especially like the blue!

Froggie40
9th July 2007, 01:37 PM
Toni,
The blue one is called Blue with Aqua & Black swirls sorry it has taken so long to answer you I am not very well at the moment.

Froggie

old dog
9th July 2007, 02:50 PM
Froggie sorry to here your sick mate! your 3 cigars look good l like the first one best.:D

lubbing5cherubs
9th July 2007, 02:51 PM
Brett hope you are feeling better mat. Not cool when you are under the weather
Toni

bdar
9th July 2007, 11:47 PM
Brett a nice set of Tres Hombres, colours like the Rio Grande in the middle one, all 3 are excellent in fit and finish. Then I expect no less when it come to you and your work. Well done. I hope things are well with you soon. Email sent.
Darren

kepople
11th July 2007, 07:36 AM
Look great. How are you finishing your acrylics?

thanks
Kirby

Froggie40
11th July 2007, 11:14 PM
Kepople,
I sand to 400 grit then I use 1200 wet and dry (wet) then I use acrylic finishing pads 1500 through to 12000 then I use a car cutting compound to remove any fine marks if there are any then I polish with Meguires Plastic Polish.

Froggie

kepople
12th July 2007, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the reply...

When you are applying the wax, do you use a buffer or apply it while it is on the lathe with it turning?

Thanks
Kirby

bdar
12th July 2007, 11:05 PM
Kirby I don't know how Brett applies his cutting compund but I apply my cutting compound with the lathe stationary. My other 2 polishing compounds are in wax stik form so it is applied with the lathe running. Then I buff it off lightly. The plastic polish I would probably put on a cloth and apply while the lathe is running.
Darren

Froggie40
13th July 2007, 12:41 AM
Kirby,
I apply my cutting compound while the lathe is running the secret to doing this without heating up the acrylic is to use a reasonably damp rag, also the cutting compound I use is a very fine cutting compound its called Meguires fine cut cleaner. I also apply my polish with the lathe running but I don't apply to much pressure you don't need to.

Froggie

ScrollZilla
13th July 2007, 12:55 AM
G'day Brett,
I hope you are feeling better. I feel kinda ignorant now. It never occurred to me to get the pad damp. I use paper towels folded into a pad instead of using a cloth for a couple of reasons. They are cheap (like me lol), they are always clean when I start, and should i get it caught in the chuck or it sticks to the blank (not being careful with CA), it will tear out of my hand (you can ask my wife about why that is a good thing).

Cheers,

Rick

Froggie40
13th July 2007, 02:44 AM
G'day Rick,
Thanks mate I am feeling a lot better now after a trip to the quack and a few days on horse tablets. I use baby face washers they are nice and soft and when I wash them with some fabric softener they are as good as new. I always move my tool rest out of the way sometimes I remove it all together. I have never got tangled around the blank that sounds like it could cause some damage. OUCH

Froggie