PDA

View Full Version : I should feel guilty......

Bleedin Thumb
8th July 2007, 07:56 PM
Couldn't think where else to put this so I suggest that we have a section called On The Home Front or Family etc etc..

Anyway we farmed the sprogs of to the Inlaws up on the Gold Coast on Monday as its School Holidays.

On Wednesday we went and saw Dead Caesar at the Sydney Theatre Co. - by a Chris Taylor and Andrew Hansen from the Chassers war on everything, very light & funny, great night.

Last night went to the Rugby - Australia Vs Sth Africa. Gregans last Aussie appearence and Larkins 100th test - fan-bloody-tastic night.

Sleep in this morning, nice breaky then a bush walk to Mackerel Beach - spectacular scenery and blew away some cobwebs, just what was needed.

Stoped on the way home to have a guinness at the Newport Arms - nice.

Got home, hired a video - Jim Jarmusch's Dead Man - best film ever made (IMHO), then the MIL rings and askes " are you missing them?"

"Oh yes" I lie!:D

Please God ...make them want to stay up there for another week!:-

How is everyone else coping with the holidays?

Iain
9th July 2007, 09:12 AM
Bit of a bummer really, daughter wants to go fishing but the weather is such crap we can't go, rivers are brown thick and fast.
Anyway, washing machine crapped itself yesterday so we went out for lunch and then went to buy a new one.
Arrogant prick in Harvey Norman wanted to know if we could afford it, did we a have a GE card so we tied him up with silly questions for about an hour then went and paid cash at the opposition.
Going out this morning to pick it up.
What a great holiday break, kids are home, I'm home, no fishing, pull out washing machine, pick up new one, install new one today.
Wish I was back at work, less to do.

Lignum
9th July 2007, 09:35 AM
Got home, hired a video - Jim Jarmusch's Dead Man - best film ever made

Complete with one of the best ever soundtracks. Awesome stuff played very loud:D

Bleedin Thumb
9th July 2007, 09:57 AM
Complete with one of the best ever soundtracks. Awesome stuff played very loud:D

Exactly! I'm not sure that too many people know of this film.

Lignum
9th July 2007, 09:26 PM
Exactly! I'm not sure that too many people know of this film.

Im with you. Its one of my favourits. Robert Mitchum is fantastic.... And did i mention Neil Young:D

Bleedin Thumb
10th July 2007, 09:27 AM
That guitar work stays with you for days after watching it, amazing soundtrack alright.

I also liked Iggy Pop's cameo.:D

Honorary Bloke
10th July 2007, 09:30 AM
That reminds me, Bleedin'. I looked for your Commander Cody on Itunes this arvo but no luck. Hope you find the album. They are sometimes absolutely brilliant. :)

Bleedin Thumb
10th July 2007, 09:42 AM
Thanks Bob,
Yes I agree sometimes brilliant, but sometimes not so ....but I always like the sense of humour that they inject into what can often be (to me) a droll genre of music.