PDA

View Full Version : in need of help

wheelinround
9th July 2007, 01:53 PM
Hi new to the forum am impressed so much stuff so little time LOL only 24/7 and need at least 3 hrs sleep.

I took on a photographic history/scan and record for my wifes spinners guild.....30th year this year (she's the baby of the group 50) .............yeh I know nice guy aint I :rolleyes:
My aim was to produce a CD/DVD screensaver OR PDF with all relevent information of photo's history etc.

Now I'm stuck :banghead: I haven't touched the work for months....trying to get inspired to get back into it again ....... a few months break hasn't helped.......with good reasons>>>>
a new grandson arrived, new lathe, physio, Dr's, Gym... getting further behind in wood n metal work.... a rush order of drop spindles & niddy knoddies to make......Working With Wood Show.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/197/520862245_cadf37077c_m.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/221/520862095_69a0993caf_m.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/198/520831532_665759279c_m.jpg

Now the rain...which we need more of.... meaning I have more time at the keyboard need to get back into it..........

Everything is scanned 95% restored, colour corrected, etc etc over a gig of photo's Their exhibition is August its half way through July

echnidna
9th July 2007, 08:36 PM
nice work WA

Ramps
10th July 2007, 12:37 AM
My aim was to produce a CD/DVD screensaver OR PDF with all relevent information of photo's history etc.

Wheelin'

I just need a bit more clarification on the outcome/objective

Is this to display on-screen at there exhibition? or a handout? booklet? CD to handout with a slideshow ... for TV? computer?
:?

I'm sure I/we can help out with some more info

wheelinround
10th July 2007, 10:16 AM
Thanks Echnidna .......rough n ready that bamboo is tough stuff to work with.

Thanks Ramps my biggest problem is motivation to get back to it
going to harder as I pick up the lathe today.:D

The photos were all scanned form their albums of events etc with some ladies bringing in additional personal material.
Their finest hour was being filmed by a Japanese crew shearing a sheep and knitting it all back into a coat for the sheep shame they were never given a copy of the video (link to pics temporarily remover at wheelinrounds' request)

It will be a DVD of all photos and clippings for their archives for starters.

It is going to be used as a display on screen at exhibition ....this ones no problem Laptop and screen saver set to run and leave it alone either off HDD or Disk.
Possibly using a larger screen for the oldies to see better with.......

My aim was to do either a presentaion style with information as to when, where & who the photos articles were about. With the large number of photos etc they'd never see the end of it, all though I could do a selelction only I suppose.

Or a PDF style as Disk Booklet again with all relevent information.

No to printing as cost is to prohibative there are 1300+ photos and news clippings (although they put in the news letter I was going to....no consultation with me on that one)

Thanks again for your interest I am being drawn between garage and woodwork/lathe or photos/computer:(

wheelinround
10th July 2007, 07:08 PM
:D:D thanks to all

I only found out this afternoon the exhibition is for 18th 19th August ...no way was I going to spend the next month working flatout on 1300+ iteams to catalouge and credit in that time.
I have negotaited around the situation:ohyaaa:

I have now only a dozen pics to print up as display mainly news items from over the years.

I will be running a screensaver using laptop and a larger monitor on random during the two day exhibition easy to pack up and take home over night...........phew
The rest can wait and I can do it at my leisure it will I have decided be PDF with history etc.

Thanks again

ps I cant take credit for the laminating of the bamboo ...............imported chopping board I'm affraid thats why I didnt post it anywhere else

I like photography Flickr: Photos from invada1 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/50375989@N00/)

David L
10th July 2007, 08:59 PM
That's a huge project you have taken on Wheelin, It is hard to keep interested when you begin to feel overwhelmed. They probably don't appreciate how much work there is, good you could work something out.

wheelinround
10th July 2007, 09:20 PM
That's a huge project you have taken on Wheelin, It is hard to keep interested when you begin to feel overwhelmed. They probably don't appreciate how much work there is, good you could work something out.

Size of project didn't bother me still doesn't
It wasn't until the past president started demanding more and more of everything but wasn't doing much herself.

I will complete what I started but in my own time it will be an honor as I have know the group since its inception, not a deadline that was out of whack by a long shot.

TY yet again

Ramps
10th July 2007, 11:27 PM
Yeah big job
I've been dobbed in to jobs like that in the past ( and some I dobbed myself in :doh: ) but I've learnt and so have others who have dobbed me in in the past. They now ask first.

Good onya :2tsup:
get into it and it will soon disappear ... but definitely a job for after dark.

wheelinround
12th July 2007, 01:54 PM
I want to say thanks to all
I got stuck into it yesterday and printed off a dozen A4 high quality historical newspaper items for the display these will be laminated.
There will be 100 photos printed also but they will be done at Hardly Normal 15c and I am not paying or sorting that lot out

Ray